mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

hopper count divided by the time taken to expel it is a great way to find average bps. Most guns and chronos only display your peak rof, even if it's only hit for one shot.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
hopper count divided by the time taken to expel it is a great way to find average bps. Most guns and chronos only display your peak rof, even if it's only hit for one shot.
Yeah, this is correct. On my eblade with zeroB 1.2 it shows real time bps and max. My marker stays at a constant ROF to where its tuned.

for it to register 15 bps, it has to actually fire 15 balls in a second. And average ROF is good as well, that still shows fast, and the marker is hitting that ROF in possibly higher.

Oh, and if you shoot one shot, that one ball per second. your peak can only be 1 bps.If I hit the trigger really fast 3 times, it doesn't tell me how fast it could be firing if i continued to hit it at that rate. It says 3 bps then drops. same as if I hit it 5 times real quick. I can hit my trigger, and gradually speed up, and slow down, and the bps will raise and lower accordingly.

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Interesting how all these kids' fingers move faster than the brain signals can get the nevers to carry signal to the muscle and react.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
YS-OFG

It becomes a controlled spasm more than anything... ever get "jackhammered" while rock climbing? Your leg fatigues, so it spasms up and down at ridiculous rates. The fingers are smaller, more responsive muscles anyways, so they can spasm faster, especially when you add a wrist flick to it. I saw a guitarist rip out 21 bps on the Ego website, on a laptop "mouse" button. That's just speed.

Agreed, though, irresponsible kids and their bouncing spyders make me angry.
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Don't take the word of the electronics on your gun. They are just trying to get laid.
Ok it has to be done
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
So what about these goldwave files floating around doing 30 plus bps?
unless you can prove that there's paint being shot also, all they are good for is cycles per second, not balls per second
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by craltal View Post
unless you can prove that there's paint being shot also, all they are good for is cycles per second, not balls per second
If it's a goldwaved video, and it's not a paint blender, it's BPS.

It's impossible to have a marker shooting 30 CPS and only 21 BPS. It's be like throwing sticks though the spokes of a spinning bike wheel. Eyes are working or eyes aren't working.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
I saw a guitarist rip out 21 bps on the Ego website, on a laptop "mouse" button. That's just speed.
Saw this statement made in another thread.... the fact that the guy may play guitar, doesn't mean poo-poo..... seriously.. how many guitarists do you know that need to lift and depress their finger on a string more than a couple times a second....hell a 4/4 meter is 130 Beats per minute... so the fastest he/she would hit notes (1/16 or so) ..a hell I'm not doing that math.... anyways.. the fact that he was a guitarist has nothing to do with the fact he can get his finger moving that quickly... you'd probably have better scientific accuracy saying that a proffesional data entry monkey could hit 21 BPS/CPS and have it mean something when saying this is their career and it allows them to have fast fingers.

Anyways... good luck with your race for extremely high ROF. While it's neat that you can get a gun cycling that fast... I still have serious doubts and concerns that with electronic programmable guns that the user is in control...safety goes right out the frick'n window.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Interesting how all these kids' fingers move faster than the brain signals can get the nevers to carry signal to the muscle and react.
I don't have a dog in this fight (I shoot mechanical semi or pump 95% of the time, can't sustain over 9 bps for a 100 rounds anyway) but I keep seeing people say things similar to this. Can someone give me factual data that:

a) a human finger cannot move a specified distance (say, 1 millimeter) at 8hz per second
b) two human fingers cannot move that same distance alternately at 8hz pers second each.

(Note: two fingers alternately moving at 8 hz per second would translate to 16bps. I don't know that its possible, but I would rather assume so than not.)

I'll humor the arguments about effectiveness of large quantities of paint all day, and personally hate anything other than semi-auto. However, I don't like seeing the abilities of the human body shortchanged without evidence to back it up. People said that a sub-four minute mile was impossible too.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Damn, I didn't think this tread would blow up Like this. It wasn't what I was going for LoL. But what ever....

I admitted that my marker was bouncing. I was just amused that my maker hit that rate without breaking balls and hitting that bps. Weather or not it hit straight 18 constant I don't know, it looked like it shot fast as hell, and it sounded like I have never herd it. It was shooting fast as hell. thats all I was saying.

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP