mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shocker2k Send a message via MSN to Shocker2k

CCM Fart

Ok im well aware that CCM pumps are infamous for their farting valve. But i have managed to get ride of the fart by increasing my input pressure and hammer spring tension.

But now my goal is to get the pressure as low as possible and the gun as quite as possible. How good is the evil valve, i can get one cheap and was just wondering what you guys think about it. Other wise down the road im gona get a Palmer LT valve for it.

Im just being anal i guess lol, but bare with me .

Nick
Shocker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

They have a new valve stem that is supposed to fix the problem.CCM parts are first rate!
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

stiffen up the valve spring with a blue one, with the stock hammer and main spring, it should be able to work well with a 350 PSI without any hammer bounce.
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shocker2k Send a message via MSN to Shocker2k

Ok cool, just seems i have to tinker around with the springs i have and my stab. No problem with that, always enjoy an excuse to fix something .

Nick
Shocker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

CCM ignored their farting problem for a really long time.

CCM parts are decent, not first rate.

Their bodies are one the better ones, because they have decent feednecks
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker2k View Post
Ok im well aware that CCM pumps are infamous for their farting valve. But i have managed to get ride of the fart by increasing my input pressure and hammer spring tension.

But now my goal is to get the pressure as low as possible and the gun as quite as possible. How good is the evil valve, i can get one cheap and was just wondering what you guys think about it. Other wise down the road im gona get a Palmer LT valve for it.

Im just being anal i guess lol, but bare with me .

Nick

I disagree with Cahuna. Love everything about all of my CCM stuff - they have bettered nearly every aspect of the gun that Bud Orr ignored.

However, here is what I would do - and have done with my CCM Series 5. I installed thier newest valve and spring kit.

That is all. Runs at about 290 or lower, good efficiency and no fart.

The fart was left in by CCM because the valve would not fart when it was a semi - which in all honesty was the majority of the markers they were making until K2 brought suit.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Their valve was still completely flawed while their SV was their best selling marker..just the back block caught the hammer before it could do its business.

Their Ram and 4 way are just like any other working ram and 4 way..budd didnt really have a problem with these besides that his werent very nice looking.

Their LPR is adjustable, so it does its job, definately better than any non adjustable LPR

Their trigger frame is better than a stock budd orr frame, no question..great trigger frames.

Valve was flawed...i guess they finally decided they would fix it recently.

"Decent" is not a bad thing to be called. I love CCM styling. "first rate" is something that CCM is not. If they were first rate their valve wouldnt have been left flawed for so long, their anno wouldnt be so thin, and their ram would accept a rear qev.

The CCM SV was 400 or so dollars in a time when a budd orr Orracle mechanical autococker using an inferior trigger frame was 800 dollars or more. At that time, the series five was an absurdly good deal. I can think of alot of rams and 4 ways and lprs that are better than CCM parts, and I can think of alot of valves that dont fart.

Cant think of alot of bodies that have good threads, CCM, Merlins, Jackal's, AIM <ugly accept one model>. So they are certainly winners there. Id take a CCM over any WGP autococker.

And their frames have always been awesome in my opinion.

Still - I cant call the lot of CCM first rate. Good stuff though..good stuff indeed.

Belsales is first rate, PPS is first rate, and SMC makes first rate rams. CCM is good.

Last edited by Cunha; 10-01-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP