mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Pump Kit

Im going to put on an pump kit to my cutume cocker project. I dont know whether to get an $80 CCM Pump KIt or a $35 stock sniper pump kit. Can any one shed some light onto why the CCM is worth $80 and which one i should get

thanks

Kick A$$ Customs
We go what you need

"Well, I lost this finger playing paintball, and this one in an elephant stampeed, this one juggling rusty chainsaws,......

TriggerHappy's Feed Back
triggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Eli
Phat.

Send a message via AIM to Eli

If you really want a cheap pump kit, remove your pneumatics and plug that hole where the front block used to be. Manually cock after every shot. If you insist going aftermarket, I would go with WWA, or one of the new Vendetta kits. I believe both have a standard and deluxe option. They are also significantly cheaper than the Chipley kit, and the standard option will cost about the same as something from WGP. Expect any of these kits to leak right out of the box without a couple drops of thread locker/sealer.

Hope this helps.

-Eli
Old 11-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stainlessbutcher

I've got a CCM kit on my blackie sniper and a stock WGP kit on another gun and I'm happier with the CCM kit. I won't say I'm totally satisfied, but it's much better then the stock one. I had a little bit of grief setting up the CCM with alignments and such so it was not a simple install and go thing. On the up side, it has never leaked. I think that's due to the o-ring seals it uses. I'm working on a deal for a custom made kit. I'll post a review of it when I get it.

Butcher.
Stainlessbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Eli
Phat.

Send a message via AIM to Eli

But is $80 really worth it considering the cheaper CCM clones out there? I have a $60 White Wolf deluxe on my Sniper. I have used the Chipley kit as well and can honestly say they feel the same.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stainlessbutcher

Well, I got my CCM off ebay and it was about 55 bucks new. I don't know about WWA kits since I've never tried one. I really would like to, but I'm not ready to plunk any money down for one at the moment. I've also noticed a lack of pump kits for the pre2k guns. Seems everyone is jumping on the 2k+ bandwagon.

Butcher.
Stainlessbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Tesko Send a message via MSN to Tesko

CCM Kit is all of $65, not $80. It feels MUCH different than a WWA or WGP.

The Vendetta copy of the CCM kit is $79...

Oh, and they don't need to be loctited on. If you lube both of the o-rings on the guide and tighten it firmly, you shouldn't have a problem.
Tesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

The CCM and the Vendetta will probably cost the same shipped.

The CCM has "history" whereas the Vendetta is new to the market but the reviews are positive.

I've had a CCM (old style handle) and two stock WGP (one old style, one new) and I found that they're all nice. I prefered the marker with the WGP kit as I felt it was smoother but I attribute it to the set up of the marker (springs, bolt) and not the pump kit itself.

Twisting was not an issue with the WGP kits.

I've only breifly held a marker with a White Wolf kit. Initial impression was that the pump handle is too short for my comfort. Ben liked it.

To me, it seems find one that flows with the looks of the marker.

Dan
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

The "Vendetta" line is linked to the Paintball Ace franchise. Which in turn is related to Paintball Gateway, which is the retail end of Check It Products. So the people involved have been around quite awhile. Kinda hard to explain in a couple sentences, sorry.

I have both Vendetta kits and I like them a lot. The finish on the product is very good, the return spring is strong enough to do it job it's not a distraction in the back pump stroke, etc. I guess IMHO it basically comes down to if you like the looks of them. A matter of taste, not quality.

I've never heard anything bad about the CCM kits, but the Vendetta ones would be a another option to look into. Options = good LOL!
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP