mcarterbrown.com

Old 01-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

My sniper plans. want your input mcb.

ok heres what i have in mind for my sniper.

pre 2k valve for co2 usage and a gas thru grip. any ideas if this combo will work pretty good ? right now i thought i was getting over 35 shots on a 12 gram , but that was without paint. with paint i maybe get 15 decent shots.

i also just bought a boomstick from hobbes on here and hopefully this combo will make for a decent shootin gun.
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

The gas through is going to kill any efficiency you are attempting to gain. Your best bet is to just run a changer directly into your verticle adaptor. You are going to want the least amount of expansion.

Also you should only determine your "shot count" when you are actually shooting paint and this should be done over a crono. A usable shot should really never be below 240 fps. Anything less should'nt be counted.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief View Post
The gas through is going to kill any efficiency you are attempting to gain. Your best bet is to just run a changer directly into your verticle adaptor. You are going to want the least amount of expansion.

Also you should only determine your "shot count" when you are actually shooting paint and this should be done over a crono. A usable shot should really never be below 240 fps. Anything less should'nt be counted.

-Jake
ive been running the 12gram changer right into the v/a , but the valve will help right ?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
ive been running the 12gram changer right into the v/a , but the valve will help right ?
It'll probably help a bit. The larger chamber volume in post-2k bodies is another factor. White Wolf sells a "de-volumizer" - basically a chunk of white plastic that inserts into the valve chamber to bring it back to the volume of the pre-2k bodies. By limiting the chamber volume, you're limiting the amount of CO2 expansion, which will help a lot. Also, if you've got a "venturi" bolt, ditch it. Most all of the bolts made for post-2k 'Cockers are either venturis or they have a great big center port. The stock WGP bolt would probably be the best bet. Unless you had the means to make a custom bolt with a slightly smaller center port. Basically, you want as much of the CO2 to expand directly between the face of the bolt and the ball to get the most "punch" out of it.

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycke View Post
It'll probably help a bit. The larger chamber volume in post-2k bodies is another factor. White Wolf sells a "de-volumizer" - basically a chunk of white plastic that inserts into the valve chamber to bring it back to the volume of the pre-2k bodies. By limiting the chamber volume, you're limiting the amount of CO2 expansion, which will help a lot. Also, if you've got a "venturi" bolt, ditch it. Most all of the bolts made for post-2k 'Cockers are either venturis or they have a great big center port. The stock WGP bolt would probably be the best bet. Unless you had the means to make a custom bolt with a slightly smaller center port. Basically, you want as much of the CO2 to expand directly between the face of the bolt and the ball to get the most "punch" out of it.
i have a ans quick pull. i dont really want a new bolt cuz i dont liek the pin. so i can either buy a de volumizer or a pre 2k valve ? if im understanding you correctly. thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The quick pull isn't going to be a good bolt for efficiency. It doesn't have a gas port - just a ring cut around the entire circumfrence, and it has venturi ports which will only serve to inhibit gas transfer. I'd just spring the five bucks and get someone's used stock bolt.

The devolumizer and valve are two seperate purchases. The devolumizer is particularly important if you have a 2k+ body.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
The devolumizer and valve are two seperate purchases. The devolumizer is particularly important if you have a 2k+ body.
this is what I meant. Each of them alone should help a bit; together youll see even more improvement. And yes, swapping the ANS bolt for a stock one will also help some. Finally, the Boomstick isn't going to help much. For optimal efficiency (on 12 grams or CA), porting is your enemy. A solid, unported, appropriately-sized (to fit the paint) barrel is your friend. Some porting near the end (like CCI's stock tubes or Lapco's barrels) is OK, but long sections of porting like Boomsticks or long Freak tips are just potential obstacles.

You have to remember that a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. A paintball gun is a mechanical system, so like any sucndh system, you need to address every component involved in order to get the most out of it.

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread

Last edited by Wycke; 01-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

For bottom line use just get a hose adapter. Like the one shown here. If you're shooting it as a pump you'll be holding onto the pump handle anyhow and a gas through would just get in the way as often as not. Then if you switch to stock class with a 12gram holder you just swap out the line adapter to the 12 gram changer.

Here's my own CO2 sniper in process. I still need to make up the pump shaft and pump handle. And since this one is a mini I had to make a new front block to take the line instead of just using the vertical adapter and the hose adapter. But what you want to adapt the line to the vertical ASA adapter is one of these.....

And my own grip'less and reg'less bottom line mini sniper.

clicky on the picy to make it bigger
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Here's what I did. You can use the info if you want. I use a venturi bolt and personally haven't had a problem. Everyone has their flavor on things. however I will look for a stock 2k bolt and try it out too. The WWA devolumizer does the trick too. I'm not sure he makes them anymore,but I'm almost positive that Rainman229 does. You do want to reduce the chamber ID.
How to make a pump Cocker
Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 01-25-2007 at 11:45 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP