mcarterbrown.com

WTB Want to Buy!! The object you desire may just be a post away. Just ask!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

WTB: Extended Sterling rail

I'd prefer that it be annodized and I'd like it with a vertical adaptor already on it. I can pay with paypal.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

If no one here has one for sale you can order them from Palmers in almost any colour, with a vert mount.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sorry jincay.I dont reccommend palmers rail.Contact rainman.The one I received from palmers was ...Well, I expected better work.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmarshaltn View Post
Sorry jincay.I dont reccommend palmers rail.Contact rainman.The one I received from palmers was ...Well, I expected better work.
Hmmm... My experience is just the opposite...

The rail from Palmer's was annoed gloss black, and fit perfectly. I wasn't able to get the one from Rainman to work properly. I do know that others have been happy with the product from both suppliers....

Walker

Nelson Owner's Group
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

I could not get my Rainman rail to work either. Now my KP custom works great.
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500

Last edited by DCB; 09-05-2006 at 07:13 PM.
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cheffer

My KP rail was perfect, both of them even, but raw, and only for the single mounting screw asa's. Beautiful work, but the double mounting hole asa's are shorter, so I bought from palmers....

It took me two tries to get a good rail from Palmers, and it still wasn't perfectly right. The first was PC'd black, and the hole to mount the rail to the frame wasn't countersunk. I had to ship it back and ask them to try again. The second rail had the countersunk hole, but the front asa mounting holes were weird. The front one was for a socket head screw and the back one was for a countersunk type screw. They also were not spaced properly. I didn't want to deal with it anymore, so I just took it and made it work.

I haven't tried a rainman rail, so I can't comment.

Oh and the little thing I like about KP's rail vs. Palmers is that the KP rail in the front was milled to match the curve of the asa, whereas Palmers was straight.

The only reason I am running the palmers instead of the KP's is that I wanted the asa with the two mounting holes to keep my 3.5oz tank tucked up nicer.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, at some point, the sterlings rail to frame mounting hole was moved back about 1.8inch, so you need to specify which one you want. I originally had a KP that was done for the later model ones, and he replaced it with one milled for the older ones. Good business practice, I give Ken props for that!
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

would of been nice if someone told of the problem, would correct it. since i don't have a sterling anymore. guess i'll never know what the issue was.
i do know the last few i made had issues bolting them to the body. enlarging or sloting the rear hole on the rail corrected that.

so guess jhyan edit make sence why i had that issue. i was basing all my measurements off a rental

i won't be making any unless i'm supplied with a stock rail from a non rental so i can compare the difrences and make adjustments.

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229

Last edited by Rainman229; 09-08-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cheffer

Claudio, I have a detailed drawing of one of the style where the mounting hole is furthest forward. It is a .bmp. I will send it to you if you think it would be of any use.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Different productions over different years have probably been the cause of the problems mentioned above, I have had no such problems with my rail from PPS but then I sent the gun in to get some other work done so it was fitted properly.
They also matched the ano to the green of my gun and instead of a vertical asa they fitted one with a 15 degree back angle, never had a complaint yet about the work from PPS.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » WTB