Originally Posted by Un2xs
When should you consider cutting a quick strip in an old pump? When should you not? What are the things you should consider before permanently altering an older paintball gun?
When it comes to permanently altering older markers, let your conscience be your guide. Ultimately, it's your property. But before going too far, consider:
- How many of them exist? (Hacking up a unicorn makes Velcor angry)
- Is the gun a collector's item?
- What condition is it in?
- Is it a restoration job or a repair?
- Can original parts be found or do they have to be manufactured/substituted?
- What is the value of the gun in its current condition versus modified condition?
This is just a short list I came up with off the top of my head. But you should get the general idea. But like I said, it's up to you whether or not making permanent changes is the right thing to do.