mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
LNT Manufacturing can make these in aluminum that could be Anodized or Cerakoted he makes nice custom 45 grips I had a set made in Brass with a custom team logo cut into them. Very reasonable prices to.
oh wow that guy is doing some stuff, noice.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528...?ref=bookmarks
Wait what? that not an Automag?
knownothingmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
what printer are you using?

its all about the bed leveling and getting your first layer perfect, it is of course the most important. depending on you machine i can get you tuned up.

and depending on you software you are using for slicing.

the models from thingiverse you are getting a modifying, you are printing and shipping these to people for free correct?

i dont want to start helping and printing things for people if you already have this locked down.

edit i saw from another post your printer.

how many printers are you using?

Ive got a Printrbot Play, and an Anycubic i3 mega. The Mega is what I'm using for this ABS. The bed leveling and first layers were relatively easy to get right. What I was running into was that about an hour into the print, the corners would start to peel up and eventually the pieces would pop off the bed.

I ended up getting good prints by filleting the corners, adding a 7mm brim, turning the bed temp up to 95, and putting down a light layer of purple glue stick. Stuck like Chuck! Oh, and I covered the A/C vent in the room to reduce the cold air flow.

As far as the model goes, at first I was just printing the thingiverse model that I embossed the logo onto. But then I was having trouble filleting the corners of that model, so I ended up re-drafting it in Fusion from scratch. I did use some dimensions from the original model, but that's about it. I hope that this doesn't break any rules? I'm not really trying to build a business or anything, just printing things here and there per request, in addition to my own designs like the Drop in my other thread.
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Ive got a Printrbot Play, and an Anycubic i3 mega. The Mega is what I'm using for this ABS. The bed leveling and first layers were relatively easy to get right. What I was running into was that about an hour into the print, the corners would start to peel up and eventually the pieces would pop off the bed.

I ended up getting good prints by filleting the corners, adding a 7mm brim, turning the bed temp up to 95, and putting down a light layer of purple glue stick. Stuck like Chuck! Oh, and I covered the A/C vent in the room to reduce the cold air flow.

As far as the model goes, at first I was just printing the thingiverse model that I embossed the logo onto. But then I was having trouble filleting the corners of that model, so I ended up re-drafting it in Fusion from scratch. I did use some dimensions from the original model, but that's about it. I hope that this doesn't break any rules? I'm not really trying to build a business or anything, just printing things here and there per request, in addition to my own designs like the Drop in my other thread.
heck yeah thats awesome.
i like making panels for people just the ease of customization.
yeah AC vents can be dicks depending on what you are doing.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
oh wow that guy is doing some stuff, noice.
These are the panels he made. With my team logo in the center and textured them for me. He’s a local 518th guy and dose great work. Can’t wait for my RidgeBack Body from him. I know the OP was talking about printed panels. But just thought I would share. The blue printed panels look great BTW.

7C511804-7753-4E2D-BFDE-130AB3D9E53C.jpg

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 09-14-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
These are the panels he made. With my team logo in the center and textured them for me. Heís a local 518th guy and dose great work. Canít wait for my RidgeBack Body from him. I know the OP was talking about printed panels. But just thought I would share. The blue printed panels look great BTW.

Attachment 64701
damn that is nice!

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing