mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Other than DC and Tarantula who is still milling Vikings?

I picked up a unmilled 04 not long ago, unfortunately it seems no one is currently milling the bodies. I tried contacting tarantula but have yet to get a reply, also contacted destructive customs they were my first choice for their fsp milling pattern but they are currently not accepting any new work. So is there any other reputable shop that has a nice milling pattern that is currently accepting work?
Uzi does it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Only other place I could point you to is Acidcustoms, unsure if he's takin any work. Your best bet is to buy an already milled viking, you will save a lot of money as well.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
still kicking

I too recently purchased an unmilled Viking. Freaking thing is heavy needs to be put on a diet.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Un Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by sale2me View Post
I too recently purchased an unmilled Viking. Freaking thing is heavy needs to be put on a diet.
Sounds like you need to hit the weights to get those spaghetti arms in shape. Or rub with a classic automag and then go back to the viking see how light that feels afterwards.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

The one thing I like about the un-milled guns more than their milled counterparts is the weight. They just feel so solid in my hands. Only reason I was looking into the milling is because I really like the look, that is all.

Honestly the un-milled guns are not all that heavy really (at least to me) I never understood why so many people get so wrapped around the weight of a paintball gun. But then again my first decent gun was a VM-68 Magnum back in the mid 90's and yes I ran dual CO2 tanks on it.
Uzi does it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Un Tico

I was being a smart *** on my reply.

But I do agree with you on the weight thing. I have a unmilled blind excal that i use from time to time, does not bother or wear me out using it all day. Also use classic automag set up with warp feed from time to time. I use to have couple of carbines 68 that i would use, geez talk about heavey. You can club a freaking bear with those.

If you are looking to have an unique viking, yeah send it out o be mill and pay for ano. It will be high price and later if you decide to sell. You won't make that money back. if you are looking for a lighter just to have one, there are tons out there with great millings and ano. And you will likely save tons of money and time.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You are best finding a local machinist. Acid could take years. Its worth it I would say, but the last excalibur to go down there took 3+ years to come back. If you have any kind of timeline, or this isnt a spare marker....local machinist is your best bet.

And from what I understand, there is a bit of a line from the custom cockers forum.
ZachAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
still kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
Sounds like you need to hit the weights to get those spaghetti arms in shape. Or rub with a classic automag and then go back to the viking see how light that feels afterwards.

lmao...weight isn't the issue in the heat of game play, it's the walk to and from fields...are we there yet. lol
Old 05-30-2016, 07:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
Lol. Havent been on in ages. Good to see some things never change.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Un Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
Lol. Havent been on in ages. Good to see some things never change.
Hot damn, yeah use to see you post tons, have not seen you non a while. Hope that means you are getting back into it.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA