mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Picking up a Merlin and a few questions

Title says it best: I am picking up a Merlin in the near future and I was wondering what they came with stock. What regs, rams three ways frames etc.

Any info would be great. I kind of want to get it close to stock as possible for reasons
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

They came as raw body kits and very few were taken by builders and built out as batches like the revenge's were. Most would have had benchmark frames because that's what was generally available when most Merlins were built.

Revenge's came with kapp lprs and other non descript pneumatics.

Long story short put your favorite pneumatics on there. I would use a short sidewinder for the hpr and whatever pneus I happen to like.

Fortunately with a Merlin you aren't stuck trying to "restore" to its original state.

The exception is the delrin lightning bolt , cooking rod, pump rod, valve, front block, and front block screw.

The tendrd to be akalmp oarts, but even these I would go with the best available if your picking up an empty kit.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nice part is that AKA's site got relaunched and I think 95% of those parts you mentioned were on there...

As for frames, I have a Bob Long Humpback kicking around somewhere

I might go with Pamlers or Inception pneumatics. Or do some odd Combo: Bomb, SCM, Palmers ram and I think it is coming with a sidewinder
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Mix and match is what cool dudes have done for years. It was pretty much a micro rock or rock and whatever else you like.

I like the bomb
Micro rock
Palmer or inception ram (go with a brand new ram)

But just go with what feels good haha looking forward to seeing your gun.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Oh, I have a game plan.
AKA 2 Liter + HPR
AKA SCMIII LPR
UFC Threeway
Gentle Touch Ram
Bob Long Humpback Slider
- AKA Hardened pre 98 Plate
- AKA Sear
Rex Dialer (if I can find one)
Inception Hammer
Either Inception or POPS ASA
Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Also, would it be blasphemy to get the feedneck modded to take a clamping feedneck?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Also, would it be blasphemy to get the feedneck modded to take a clamping feedneck?
In my mind, no. Adjustable feednecks are the one creature comfort I feel every cocker should have. Obviously rare or super limited bodies are immune to this rule. But feedneck sanding should stay in the early 2000s where it belongs.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
In my mind, no. Adjustable feednecks are the one creature comfort I feel every cocker should have. Obviously rare or super limited bodies are immune to this rule. But feedneck sanding should stay in the early 2000s where it belongs.
Not sanding, I have to use a business card to wedge the hopper in the feed neck.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA