mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Deception questions

Not a whole lot of traffic in this category. I'm considering getting a Deception as my primary marker. Anyone willing to chime in on their experiences with the marker? I'm really looking for people who have shot it for half a year at least and have become comfortable with it or anyone that can provide a good comparison to an ego 11 or lv 1.1 (a wide range of markers I know) I've been pumping for a long time now and was thinking of mixing in some speedball days(tried to pump against a lot of electros for a day, it's a pretty rough go unless 1 v 1).
Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
cocker

Honestly, you're better off checking the PBnation Alien Forums to get more info. I hesitate to ever tell ANYONE to go to PBnation, but their Alien forum has a lot more activity, and the guys from Alien post there every once in a while.

I actually just bought a Deception a few weeks ago, but I have very little experience with it. I've only shot it in my backyard a couple times and I'm still getting the hang of tuning the gun... Which is hard when you're shooting paint from Dick's Sporting Goods that gives me barrel breaks even in my Phantom and my low-pressure Cocker.

Barrel breaks from crappy paint aside, I really like the gun so far after shooting a few hoppers. It's got a smooth action and really does feel somewhere in between a poppet and a spool valve. It's a unique gun. I haven't shot an ego 11 or lv 1.1, so I can't give you a good comparison there. But what I can tell you is that the deception really throws ropes of paint with a smooth shot.

I hope this helps and helps bring someone over to the Alien side. I think it's more bang for your buck as far as high-end markers go.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Alien