mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
2 inches?
A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Discourses on Galactic Leadership

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

R.I.P Bill Hicks
criticalhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Fallen

ive used a 10in on my first PB gun (which was a mech pirahna mind you) and the accuracy wasnt that great compared to my second PB gun a Spyder E99 w/a 12in barrel (electronic) and the accuracy was considerably better at longer ranges. if your playing woodsball i would consider using a longer barrel like 12-14inches, but for a smaller field like speedball id go with 10-14inches. this is all my opinion and personal preference. i like the smaller barrels on smaller fields for quicker snap shots and playing up front as to using a longer barrel and playing in the back sniping people with ropes.

Got Feedback?

WTB Impulse Parts
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Fallen

i say with my own personal experience with the ETEK3 by owning one i would say go with the 12''. ill try my etek3 with the 14'' DW 2morrow morning and let u kno the stats compared to the stock barrel dude. a big note you might wanna consider if you dont know already the DW barrels use freak inserts and cannot be used w/o them. i mean (TECHNICALLY) you can, but its not recommended haha

Got Feedback?

WTB Impulse Parts

Last edited by arkangel; 10-19-2010 at 12:36 AM.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
. . . .You don't have to believe this, but it's truth that I have personally measured up to 0.030" difference in diameter across the X-Y-Z axis of a single paintball.
I hear that, My calipers once showed a bag of Marbs to have a variance of 0.032ish" across the entire paintball, really kind of shocking that it was that large a differance, but then again they are paintballs. As far as barrels go my vote is for the 12" DW barrel.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
DSL is new here

The barrel wont effect the actual accuracy of the gun, that said, the longer the barrel the easier it is to aim. Sick the guns in a bench vice, you wont see a difference in accuracy, stick them in your hands and the long barrel will be more accurate. You're best off to get which ever one's cheaper and take the money saved and spend it on topof the line paint if you're worring about accuracy.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Weekend Warrior

RTP Fan
For efficiency, you want about 8 inches of the barrel UN-ported. I been trying to get my hands on a 12" and 14" DW barrel but haven't been able to. If someone can measure the un-ported length of their 12" and 14" DW and post it here... that'd be great.
llaw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
I just ordered and used my 16 inch dw barrel, awesome barrel, 16 inch was great for the speedball field and in the woods. Only problem i have is on the manmade wood fields, ones that are mostly stand up and short wooden plank walls, its hard to get tight to the bunker and not get shot in the foot or butt from someone along the tape while you're kneeling. It may sound goofy but a 14 inch barrel on that same field is perfect for me, its stupid how much difference 2 inches of barrel make.

Think of a short vs long barrel like a pistol vs a rifle. sure that pistol can shoot a 1 inch group at 50 yards, but its a hell of alot easier to do it with a rifle than it is a pistol.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The DW 14" has 8" of un-ported length & the 12" has 6".

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaw999 View Post
For efficiency, you want about 8 inches of the barrel UN-ported. I been trying to get my hands on a 12" and 14" DW barrel but haven't been able to. If someone can measure the un-ported length of their 12" and 14" DW and post it here... that'd be great.
Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Feedback:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomama101 View Post
The DW 14" has 8" of un-ported length & the 12" has 6".

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ndowWaffle.jpg
Interesting... The spiral ported version of the DW barely had any porting at all on the 10" version....
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The porting on a DW isn't the most important part though. When the ball leaves the freak insert the gas will begin to vent anyways. I doubt there will be any efficiency difference between the 12 and 14 inch dw.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts