mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

firefighter tanks and fill stations

I was considering getting a fiberwrapped high pressure firefighter tank and use it for big games. Yes I know thats alot of air but I already have a 114 4500 and I can outshoot it. Anyway I was wondering if you can fit a standard scuba fill station on it and then of course a reg to operate it. Are the vavles compatible? Anyone that can shed light on the subject would be great!
Thanks
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

No, valves are totally different. You can not fit a standard scuba fill station on it.

Are you wanting to run this on a back pack or use as a fill station?
And what marker and how much paint are you using to outshoot a 114/4500?
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
https://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The lightest airpack w/tank is about 17 lbs. It could be done. But with the wieght and money put into fitting to adapt it wouldn't be worth it IMHO. A scuba tank would be set up and make or buy a scuba rig for it. Agian though it's a lot of weight.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I want to use it as a backpack. Are the valve able to be swapped out? I shoot a Vee-Twin with E2 frame and dual halos. Right now I get about 1700 shots out of it. The tank I saw was a high pressure 30min tank that weighed about 7lbs.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

When I had my shop I had a person who did something along those lines. I simply wouldn't touch it. The fail safes alone are freaky enough. Many people use brass with high pressure and that of course is a big no no. Scuba tank valves won't work because you either have a yoke or din valve fittings and neither one of those regulate pressure. So you'd have to build a valve block that screwed into the tank allowing a PB reg to screw at the crown. One of the few ways I've seen it done. I wouldn't do anything of the sort, and me going to school for the Fire Dept I've seen the way those tanks are treated, not that gently. Also keep in mind the hydro dates and life cycles of those tanks. If I'm not mistaken large carbon fiber tanks have a 15 year cycle from it's original hydro test date. Hope this helps
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I have heard that all fiber wrapped tanks have a 15 year life. I ocasionally use SCBA at work and our max fill is around 2K pounds. To run a higher pressure I think you have to get a tank custom made.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
scphantom9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
bsm
MCB Member

I use fire fighting cylinders to fill my tanks. They work fine with the proper adapters. You would have to find a place that services fire fighting cylinders to get the adapter, attach a regulator rated for the appropriate pressure and you're done . Of course till you do all that you could probably buy 5 paintball tanks.
If I remember correctly the cylinders are about $800 new.
bsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

K, I see why you are using so much air now.
Why not try going through palmer or cooper T and getting a dual tank adapter, run 2 114's ? It would be lighter and easir to fill. And god it would be safer and cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
https://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extreme1
I shoot a Vee-Twin with E2 frame and dual halos. Right now I get about 1700 shots out of it.
Good lord man! I assume you don't go for refills very often? Want to shoot over a case on a fill?

So you want to haul a dual-barrel, 2 hoppers, a backpack with the firefighter airtank AND probably over a CASE of paint ON YOU?!?!?!?!?!

WOW........................... cheers to you, sir!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm
I use fire fighting cylinders to fill my tanks. They work fine with the proper adapters. You would have to find a place that services fire fighting cylinders to get the adapter, attach a regulator rated for the appropriate pressure and you're done . Of course till you do all that you could probably buy 5 paintball tanks.
If I remember correctly the cylinders are about $800 new.
Well I got a good price on the tank. Lets just say it would be cheaper than the 2 114s and fittings. Now I guess I just need to find the proper adapter. I think that would be the problem at this point. Oh and lets see I can carry 15 140 rnds tubs. Last time I just had a friend follow me with a backpack full of paint. Can anyone point me in the right direction of these adapters?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts