mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Inception Designs quality?

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing some Inception Designs items in the near future. The items are am interested in are:
  • GTR (gentle touch ram)
  • LPR (low pressure regulator)
  • UFC 3-way
  • Extended Reach Kit (pneumatics front block and VASA blank off plate)
  • Mini/Extended Reach Drift Pump Kit

I purchased a new Stella barrel when the Slimline front was first released. The milling and anodizing quality did not really meet my expectations. I have read scattered reports of others running into quality issues with their Inception Designs items. Anyone with first hand experience with the products listed above or other experience?
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I did a little write-up here. https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...ml#post3315633

In regards to the pneumatics, they're very high quality in fit and finish. I can't speak to the other parts.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I think they are as good as anything else out there today.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
aka bromanderdudeguy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I stock all of those items, and they have been really nice from what I have seen. I am using the ER kit and pneumatics on my STO and I like them.

MCB Feedback
Old PBN Feedback
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

In my own experience with one of their "stock cocker" body kits. The fit and finish were nice. I agree with Cunha's post there, insomuch as what is "available today".

I think what rather upset me was they advertise it as being "stock" and yet the tolerances required that I change timing rod length, cocking rod length, and slim the bolt down to properly operate, among other tweaks from "stock". I guess that manner of thing could be expected from any after market kit, but it sure would have been nice to know BEFORE ordering a bunch of parts and then having to go buy different stuff.

As far as pneumatics and other parts, I opted to go more tried and true old school.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

ID's stuff looks very nice but I couldn't justify the expense if I was building a Cocker when the 2k+ stock stuff works so well.

The 3-way timing adjustment looks like a good idea, though - kudos to Simon for that idea.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ID's pneumatics are very nice. I've built two FLE cockers with nearly all ID components - a V2 mini and Resurrection-spec. They're both outstanding.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts