mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Research topic for school

I was asked to do a simple research projext on the following:

Applicatiins of circuits invloving, but not limited to inductance, resistance and capacitance.

So pretty much any useful circuit. So i choose the applications of circuits in explosives.... then i realized maybe not such a good idea for a final topic, especially after i stood up for myself against a policy we students thought was rediculus.

Ok, so my real topic is the aplications of circuits in a paintball and airsoft gun such as the e trigger for my tippmann 98.

Any schematics and info of how the resistors, and other components help this etrigger function?

Thanks much

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Last edited by LT72884; 12-06-2017 at 04:15 PM.
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
i think learning what electronics is first would be a BIG help and your will learn even more. if ed have to guess its just a clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMQilNg9o8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0aVOIehsQ4

Last edited by thrasher_565; 12-08-2017 at 12:10 AM.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_565 View Post
i think learning what electronics is first would be a BIG help and your will learn even more. if ed have to guess its just a clock.
I agree. This is a reaearch for extra credit for my electronics class i figure that the capacitor on my board is used to smooth power out, but the source is a 9v battery...

Wait.. unless the sylnoid uses the capactor to supply it with a higher voltage than wjlhat a 9v can produce..

EDIT..
the video never showed up at first, so thanks for posting that

Last edited by LT72884; 12-08-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
ya in high school electronics we made a led flasher that used different caps for timings. also made a flash, vu meter, and an amp. i loved it wish i got better at it. i might do some led's in my pc and a volt meter.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
I agree. This is a reaearch for extra credit for my electronics class i figure that the capacitor on my board is used to smooth power out, but the source is a 9v battery...

Wait.. unless the sylnoid uses the capactor to supply it with a higher voltage than wjlhat a 9v can produce..

EDIT..
the video never showed up at first, so thanks for posting that

I believe caps only store energy, they don't step it up... as far as I know, caps are used in paintball to fire power hungry solenoids that would otherwise stress circuits with their current demands.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I believe caps only store energy, they don't step it up... as far as I know, caps are used in paintball to fire power hungry solenoids that would otherwise stress circuits with their current demands.
caps is like a battery once it reaches a serten point it releases it all at once. the bigger it is the longer it take before its released. and same for smaller. resisters would chop that large amount of voltage down. you can make caps do the same as battery's aka the battery's in sloler lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brw6sC8D2_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hFC9ugTGLs

Last edited by thrasher_565; 12-13-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_565 View Post
caps is like a battery once it reaches a serten point it releases it all at once. the bigger it is the longer it take before its released. and same for smaller. resisters would chop that large amount of voltage down. you can make caps do the same as battery's aka the battery's in sloler lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brw6sC8D2_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hFC9ugTGLs
Sure thing - but they don't do what the OP was talking about, which is increase voltage above the supply voltage.

You can't use a 9V battery with a cap and expect 12V out of the cap.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

So was there any satisfaction on the original research here? Is this due before the end of this year or next semester?

I'm curious on the tack of the research on the Tippmann frame specifically. I have not tinkered with one. Otherwise, you could stick to the cap, solenoid, freewheeling diode, and the minimal switch cycle that is a common setup for lots of things, skipping the trigger and buffering electronics.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
i think there are many different way to do things. some are done cheap. some are done for redundancy. ex: a pot is a variable resister to say a pc fan witch runs at 12v. and you can adjust it to run at 5 or 7 or w/e you want. but over time it gets hot and will kill itself. yes you can buy an more expensive one to handle it but there are the more complicated setups that add other stuff to it like a transistor and a heat sink. making it more complicated. and you will find like 1000 ways of build an fan controller. all the circuity is doing is push the switch, sends power to a clock, fires the clacker, and repeats. i be leave an transform is used to increase the voltage.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Sure thing - but they don't do what the OP was talking about, which is increase voltage above the supply voltage.

You can't use a 9V battery with a cap and expect 12V out of the cap.
Correct. At steady state, they,after 5 tau of time constants, staedy at the same voltage as the supply. I dont know why i said what i said about the 48 volt thing and what not. Haha

Good news is, i just took the final and got an 82 on it so im happy haha.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts