mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-26-2017, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

There's supposed to be a new $100 Spire coming out that is essentially a Spire 200 but with eyes instead of the "G-Force sensor" or whatever they called it. This should prevent all of the "runaway" issues a lot of the Spire 200's seemed to have. I would wait for that based on your criteria.

If you're in a hurry, the LT-R will be more rugged and have much better battery life, but the LVL will be a little more reliable in terms of feeding and easier on paint. I've seen several LVL's have issues with components breaking, plus they eat batteries and are just cheaper feeling. The LT-R/Rotor series will be a bit heavier and a little bit tougher on paint, plus have an increased chance of jams on lesser quality paint, but that would be my top choice of the current ~$100 loaders if you can't wait for the new budget Spire.

EDIT: I should qualify this with the fact that I manage a Pro Shop, and we sell all 3 of the currently listed loaders in above moderate quantities

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

D'oh! Well I'm an idiot who didn't see this before making my also exactly the same thread.
William the Third is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
There's supposed to be a new $100 Spire coming out that is essentially a Spire 200 but with eyes instead of the "G-Force sensor" or whatever they called it. This should prevent all of the "runaway" issues a lot of the Spire 200's seemed to have. I would wait for that based on your criteria.

If you're in a hurry, the LT-R will be more rugged and have much better battery life, but the LVL will be a little more reliable in terms of feeding and easier on paint. I've seen several LVL's have issues with components breaking, plus they eat batteries and are just cheaper feeling. The LT-R/Rotor series will be a bit heavier and a little bit tougher on paint, plus have an increased chance of jams on lesser quality paint, but that would be my top choice of the current ~$100 loaders if you can't wait for the new budget Spire.

EDIT: I should qualify this with the fact that I manage a Pro Shop, and we sell all 3 of the currently listed loaders in above moderate quantities
The new Spire sounds promising. If the eyes solve the issue with having to tune the hopper to the gun and the price is in line with the others, then it sounds like a slam dunk. In the meantime, I still have a 12v Revvy I can use. That is unless I come across a good deal on one of the others or if there's another option I'm not thinking of.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Halos are not worth the trouble.

Spires prophecy's rotors and pinokios are good bets.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

I really like my pinokio, but not a "force fed" hopper. Also the feed is in the nose of it so if pointing your gun up and don't have a lot of paint you have to bring it down to load the feed. Super light though. I also had a Z2 and it fed really well with no issues. I kept having the shells coming apart when diving and such though and that was a pain.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
the oddballer

Sorry little lost how is a pinokio. Not force fed? Is it just coonsidered an agitation loader then ?
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
Sorry little lost how is a pinokio. Not force fed? Is it just coonsidered an agitation loader then ?
Maybe my definition of force fed is different but the pinokio speed uses a little tab instead of eye and paddles like the old fasta hoppers. So there's not constant pressure on the balls like the spire is

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Pinokio speed has the cup in the front so not good for lobbers.

It's almost force fed but doesn't have the consistent pressure on the stack that you get with a prophecy or rotor.

With those Hoppers there will absolutely be a ball in the breech but the pinokio could have an empty breech and the hopper still thinks everything is fine.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Old 12-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

They are still nice because of the low weight.

I hate virtue like I hate smart parts but I think the spire is the top loader today despite being designed for lowrate of fire.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
It's not as durable as a rotor, no. But it's far from fragile. You'd have to try to break a spire. Several guys on my team have been running spires for the last couple years, playing every weekend, and besides one guy breaking his lid, they haven't had any problems with them. And they're pretty rough on their gear. I've never heard of them losing fingers, but I haven't really followed them too closely.
They can lose fingers, happened to me, but it was a one in a million chance. At LLX, I had my hopper tilted towards the other team, and as luck would have it, a ball hit right smack at the edge of the crown, and right on a hinge for one of the fingers. Broke the finger off, spring and all. Once I got home, sent an email to Virtue, and 2 days later, had a new finger to install, free of charge and no shipping on my end.

Also on the LVL side, like I said earlier, my local team had them and had issues with them. About 40 cases in, they pretty much all started to break out of the woodwork, didn't even last the whole season.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts