mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
My biggest complaint with the WTF gauntlet after 4 years of using it is the was its held on. The loops around the fingers and the cord on the forearm aren't super comfortable but I forget about it soon after its on and never notice it during play. That said, something like an elastic sleeve to slide your arm/hand in that held it on better would be an improvement.
You've got me thinking now. Something like a padded fingerless glove with the "gauntlet" portion built in would be amazing.
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lil Rhody

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
I vouch for PBmafia. I picked up a joyride and haven't used anything else since. I would like to try a WTF gauntlet, but until they get on top of their game I'm going to hold back.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
I would like to try a WTF gauntlet, but until they get on top of their game I'm going to hold back.
Check out PB Tailor for Gauntlets I like them better and you can get two for the cost of one WTF version. She has some in stock or can custom make them in just about any pattern you can think of. I got mine in less then 2 weeks custom made to match my favorite renegade jersey. I have been using mine for about 2 years and they are made with quality at half the cost and no year + wait for a product.
__________________
Rubber Duckies - 518th Brigade
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brumski
 
Melvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hammond LA
Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
You've got me thinking now. Something like a padded fingerless glove with the "gauntlet" portion built in would be amazing.
With a quick size up I’d estimate it wouldn’t take much to sew my WTF gauntlet to one of my empire grind pads. Just cut off the elbow bit and it’d be pretty close to what you’re saying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GauchoRockero
I see you on every phantom related thread
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Paintball
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/melvin.brumski

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Dragon barrel plugs!
2: Skanline VTS for a VM68

I moved across the country, if you live in Louisiana hit me up!
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Ridingmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
With a quick size up I’d estimate it wouldn’t take much to sew my WTF gauntlet to one of my empire grind pads. Just cut off the elbow bit and it’d be pretty close to what you’re saying.
Ive had this idea a while back. Although i had no gauntlet to try it on. But the way i saw it was sewing the hand part of the gauntlet directly into a fingerless glove. And leave the drawstring part for the forearm

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
__________________
My Feedback HERE
Ridingmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lil Rhody

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Check out PB Tailor for Gauntlets I like them better and you can get two for the cost of one WTF version. She has some in stock or can custom make them in just about any pattern you can think of. I got mine in less then 2 weeks custom made to match my favorite renegade jersey. I have been using mine for about 2 years and they are made with quality at half the cost and no year + wait for a product.
Good to know, I'll check them out.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Montreal, Canada

In 3 years of stock class play, I haven't had the need for any more paint than what's in my gauntlet for recball. It's one of the best pieces of paintball gear I own. I feel fortunate that own a WTF gauntlet considering recent wait times. When/ if I wear out my gauntlet, I think I'd go with one of PB Tailor's gauntlets. I do still have a shotgun bandoleer for big games though.
PB_Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
I will say that the only time I've ever dug deep into my joyride pack was at Slim's stock classic. Then again, that's a big stock class event with a target rich environment. On any other day, a WTF Gauntlet is perfectly sufficient.
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lil Rhody

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Getting a custom mock-up done by PB Tailor as we speak. Will post my thoughts once I receive.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I will say that the only time I've ever dug deep into my joyride pack was at Slim's stock classic. Then again, that's a big stock class event with a target rich environment. On any other day, a WTF Gauntlet is perfectly sufficient.
Same hear Slims is the only reason I still have my Joyride. I use my PBT Gauntlets for rec play. Can't wait 4 events this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
With a quick size up I’d estimate it wouldn’t take much to sew my WTF gauntlet to one of my empire grind pads. Just cut off the elbow bit and it’d be pretty close to what you’re saying.
I like the idea of attaching gauntlet to an elbow pad that would be a very nice setup. I would run it full length and rock a T-shirt or over the long sleeve would work to I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Getting a custom mock-up done by PB Tailor as we speak. Will post my thoughts once I receive.
Nice she's great to work with and has great prices even for custom stuff. Especially with the exchange rate.
__________________
Rubber Duckies - 518th Brigade

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 12-29-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC