mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-03-2019, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Evil omen parts compatibility

So, found an omen, always kind of wanted one but this one is missing the back block and guts besides the valve. I was wondering if these were compatible with cocker parts and if not, anyone know where I can find parts? Thanks

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

I might have some laying around. Im running really low on parts. I'll let you know if i find any.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
They are not at all compatible with cockers. You have a better chance of finding compatibility with Spyder or some other blow back parts to be honest. They're basically the mutant love child of a Spyder and cocker.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

They are full of proprietary parts... you'll need to source o.e. components for it to function.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Alright I may pass on it then, it's missing the back block and I'm assuming I'll need a whole different one just to get that so I might as well not buy this one

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
the oddballer

I have my omen it’s complet but needs a tune and rebuild even have the charger if your intrested. Just keep in mind for you the price is triple because you hate impulses. (Just kidding).
It’s a shambles plug I know but if your actualy willing to get it running it would be better off with you
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd be interested in it for the valve parts, depending on the price of course.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

I also work on other markers, PM for info.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

The valve spring can be swapped for a longer style Spyder valve spring if you put a little washer on the post to accommodate the conical Spyder valve spring. I suppose you could use a spacer to use the short style Spyder valve springs, if you wanted to.

Spyder striker springs will not work in an Omen, they are too large of a diameter to fit inside the striker. I don't have any Tippman striker springs laying around, but I imagine that they would be the best option for easily replaceable tuning springs for the striker. I will track down some Tippman springs and report back if they will work.

The bolt forward spring can be found at the hardware store. Literally any spring that will close the bolt/activate the lever feeding system. Lightest tension spring possible, because it still acts against the blowback operation of the marker.

I'm currently on the hunt for mechanical grip frames that are compatible. Have a wild plan to repurpose the blowback adjustment screw into a response trigger system. I will report back when I find one.

The valve is 3/4" in diameter, and will likely not fit in anything else.

Last edited by DavidBoren; 01-03-2019 at 02:17 PM.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
The valve spring can be swapped for a longer style Spyder valve spring if you put a little washer on the post to accommodate the conical Spyder valve spring. I suppose you could use a spacer to use the short style Spyder valve springs, if you wanted to.

Spyder striker springs will not work in an Omen, they are too large of a diameter to fit inside the striker. I don't have any Tippman striker springs laying around, but I imagine that they would be the best option for easily replaceable tuning springs for the striker. I will track down some Tippman springs and report back if they will work.

The bolt forward spring can be found at the hardware store. Literally any spring that will close the bolt/activate the lever feeding system. Lightest tension spring possible, because it still acts against the blowback operation of the marker.

I'm currently on the hunt for mechanical grip frames that are compatible. Have a wild plan to repurpose the blowback adjustment screw into a response trigger system. I will report back when I find one.

The valve is 3/4" in diameter, and will likely not fit in anything else.
Tippmann springs won't fit around the cocking rod and would be small enough to stick out the back of the marker. Any idea on good cupseals for the Omen?

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.

I also work on other markers, PM for info.

Dealer for: Planet Eclipse, Ninja, GI/Empire/Tippmann/etc, Dye, Exalt, GoG, Valken, HK, GXG, CP, Push

PM me if you're looking for something. No, I will not sell it to you for cheaper than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Good to know about the Tippman springs... the search continues. Might have to look into enlarging the bore inside the striker to accommodate Spyder striker springs.

Cup seals are a single piece in combination with the valve stem... unfortunately.

The easiest solution is to have a metal valve stem made with 8-32 threads on one end to use Spyder cup seals.

I haven't had an opportunity to see if any of the valve stems in my other markers will work, yet.

You might be able to turn down the stock cup seal and thread it to accept readily available cup seals. But I, personally, would invest in a stainless steel piece, rather than modifying the stock plastic piece.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts