mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

So, what did I get my hands on here?

Somehow managed to snag a Ebay lot of older stuff despite you collective bunch of vultures.

Anyways, I know what most of it is, but some of its eluding me.

This expansion chamber for instance, top left- looks like an older Taso unit but Ive never seen one that had a automag vert ASA built into it. Looks like its been stripped.

Second is the barrel, its discribed as a Dye manufactured piece, but I dont remember seeing anything splashed like this coming from them. Appears to be a two piece?

Third is some vintage Tiger stripe stuff, appears to be a jersey, maybe some pants as well. Wondering if these are worth something or not.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

Nice minimag, got a double trigger (with a cut guard ). A spash twist-lock mag barrel, looks like an All American front on a twist back, probably a whole set in that pattern out there somewhere. What's the brand on the soft goods? IIRC, Renegade unloaded their unused material, and someone else (Kohn, maybe?) made pants and jerseys out of it. Led to an influx of Foxwood stuff a few years back.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
WTB: 007 Challenger
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Nice minimag, got a double trigger (with a cut guard ). A spash twist-lock mag barrel, looks like an All American front on a twist back, probably a whole set in that pattern out there somewhere. What's the brand on the soft goods? IIRC, Renegade unloaded their unused material, and someone else (Kohn, maybe?) made pants and jerseys out of it. Led to an influx of Foxwood stuff a few years back.
Ive got a regular AA from this period, the back is much longer. This seems to be just barely longer than the shank needed to locking in.

Bear in mind I just won this so nothings in hand yet- but the non-tiger stripe top looks to say Realtree but the rest doesnt have anything on it I can see just yet.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Ive got a regular AA from this period, the back is much longer. This seems to be just barely longer than the shank needed to locking in.

Bear in mind I just won this so nothings in hand yet- but the non-tiger stripe top looks to say Realtree but the rest doesnt have anything on it I can see just yet.
The All American barrels came with different lengths backs while the funds remain consistent. The 16, 14, and 12 all had the same length barrel tips. So yes, the 12 inch barrel would have an exceedingly short back by today's standards. It is also their standard bore size, likely 689 or 690. That's what the black color indicates. The small would be silver (clear anodized) and large bore is a gray color.

The only reason I can imagine it was labeled dye is due to the sellers familiarity with some of the dye camo anodizing patterns from the last several years.

The stripped expansion chamber does indeed look like a taso. But it is just likely threaded into a vertical adapter. You should be able to separate that and use the part on your build.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spece108 View Post
The All American barrels came with different lengths backs while the funds remain consistent. The 16, 14, and 12 all had the same length barrel tips. So yes, the 12 inch barrel would have an exceedingly short back by today's standards. It is also their standard bore size, likely 689 or 690. That's what the black color indicates. The small would be silver (clear anodized) and large bore is a gray color.

The only reason I can imagine it was labeled dye is due to the sellers familiarity with some of the dye camo anodizing patterns from the last several years.
Huh, I'll be curious then, the one I owns maybe a 14 inch at best.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
That’s a Tiger Stripe Product top.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Those are the best mag grips too.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts