mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Got some Teflon, gona make some reg seats

If peeps could/would please; i need the diameter and thickness for the seats of the following regs:

WGP/ergo/blackmagic/inception?
CP gen 2
CP gen 3 (the current gen?)
Dye hyper 2

Any others yall want, this is cuz i feel like im forgetting a few major ones lol

This is an experiment, teflon could make for a trash reg seat, but im gona try. Ill be in the shop tomorrow, so if it is so if we can complete the base list/correct me if need be, lets get it done tonight! Thanx in advance for all replies!
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
not new... but new here

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3

fwiw, ptfe will likely be too soft and very well might shrink or swell too rapidly.
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Good to know, just trying something. All the seats on everything iv had seems to be 90 durometer shore A, urethane, amd ptfe is deff harder than that. Of it fails it fails, just wanna try it. I only have my PE reg and some WGPs, i'll give the other ones i make away if anyone wants to test them.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
not new... but new here

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3

Yeah most of the ones I've come across are either Polyurethane, Urethane, or Rubber typically. PTFE might work in the right reg, just figured I'd give you a heads up since I have to deal with that material all the time and am all too aware of its shortcomings.
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

If you dont mind what do you do where you work with teflon a lot? My shop is 30/30/30% 303/304, 6061, and low carbon, 10% whatever else. I've personally only made a handful of ptfe parts.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

what about a poppet seat? that would be on the low pressure side after the reg...

this is for a tippmann but there were some for spyders and the sort that had a brass cup with a soft rubber seat/base.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...BTLawLoZ5C3BM:
Tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Kinda related, I am making Ego8 reg seats out of 1/16” thick 90A durometer buna-nitrile that I punch out from a 6”x6” sheet to 1/16” diameter discs. I’ve had good results so far.

It seems like Teflon might be less forgiving to surface imperfections than buna-nitrile rubber or polyurethane?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Brass Eagle Rainmaker LPR seats appear to made out of teflon... not that anyone really runs the stock LPRs if they still have Rainmakers.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

What im shooting for is greater longevity, and MAYBE greater consistency.
That said if anyone has a request, and can provide dimensions, ill try basically anything.

Taraun, shoot me some dims and ill gladly try one/two out for ya. I just made a run of spyder cupseals, and nelson cupseals out of delrin.

Side story: buddy had a diablo that leaked (found the seat in the cup was gone) i took a spyder cupseal (8-32 thread) and just sat it over the stub of the powertube, reassembled assuming the valve spring would be sufficient to hold it in place. It was. Gun works flawlessly. But i went ahead and made a batch of the exact same dimension cupseals as a spyder but drilled for a 6-32 instead of 8, and will put one of those in his gun, and gladly give one to anyone else who wants to test it.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Anyone?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts