mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

3 way timing rod length

So, I have an autococker that I had a 45 hinge frame on; originally, the 3 way timing rod wasn't long enough so I switched to a 45 slide frame. But I want to use the hinge frame as it matches. What length of 3 way do I need and/or where do I get it?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomfgmikeftw View Post
So, I have an autococker that I had a 45 hinge frame on; originally, the 3 way timing rod wasn't long enough so I switched to a 45 slide frame. But I want to use the hinge frame as it matches. What length of 3 way do I need and/or where do I get it?
What kind of autococker is it?

Is a minicocker or standard autococker?

A picture would help. The frame shouldn't effect the length of the timing rod. You probably just need a different standard timing rod.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Prototype AIM body. Should be standard.

Here's an old pic of it with the matching hinge frame without front pneumatics: https://i.imgur.com/73JRT0U.jpg
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Standard length should be good.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

<-- Don't give in to this greedy company policy.
FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Yeah a standard length should work.

This should work:
WGP Autococker 3 Way Actuating Rod & Coupler Kit

This is my favorite timing rod. It used to be $7.99 before prices went crazy.
https://www.ansgear.com/ANS_Cocker_A...fulllength.htm

Inception Designs has their own line of actuating rods too.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

But why would one length fit a slide frame and not a hinge frame? Is the difference between the various timing rod lengths so small but important?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
But why would one length fit a slide frame and not a hinge frame? Is the difference between the various timing rod lengths so small but important?
From what I've seen on Bacci's site, even a full size timing rod can vary in length upwards of 3/16"... not much, but considering the small adjustments required, it's enough.

It's likely you have a timing rod that's on the short end of the spectrum, but your frame/3-way combo requires one that's correctly spec'ed.

One thing to check is your 3-way... is it threaded all the way into the front block? What kind of 3-way is it? Some short-throw 3-ways can be funky to adjust.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
I've never heard of that problem before, but I do have an idea of what could be causing the issue.

Did you trying moving the collar on the timing rod, or were you worried about messing with the timing?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I've never heard of that problem before, but I do have an idea of what could be causing the issue.

Did you trying moving the collar on the timing rod, or were you worried about messing with the timing?
You know what, ignore that. Someone who I thought knew autocockers was talking out of his ***.

Here's what I have right now: https://imgur.com/a/Tte4z

You can see the timing rod and aperture are not far enough into the 3 way. I am using a standard length timing rod. Do I need to get the extra long one from Inception?
Old 08-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
You know what, ignore that. Someone who I thought knew autocockers was talking out of his ***.

Here's what I have right now: https://imgur.com/a/Tte4z

You can see the timing rod and aperture are not far enough into the 3 way. I am using a standard length timing rod. Do I need to get the extra long one from Inception?
Ignore what? I'm a little lost

Anyway, I was wondering if you had tried adjusting the timing rod out to its longest length? Since a hinge frame operates differently than a slider, it will need to be readjusted. Some people might not realize this would be necessary.

Anyway, this is a very odd problem since I can now see the 3way you're trying to use. The Bomb doesn't have a stop built in to keep the 3way spool from pulling out the back (like a Hollowpoint, STO, and a few others). So even if the timing rod was too short, it would still assemble with the hinge regardless of length. And if the rod was too short, the 3way spool would be sticking out the back of the 3way/frontblock. But that's not the case yet. So it makes be believe the rod just needs to be adjusted to accommodate for the hinge. Have you tried actually adjusting the timing rod itself or are you trying to switch frames without adjusting it?

I doubt you need a new timing rod. I really, seriously doubt it. Even if you do, you won't need an extra long one. Just another standard sized one will work.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers