mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 08-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I wished there would have been a better outcome. We tried. I want everyone to get their stuff they ordered, money back, whatever.

I personally saw the writing on the wall when it was brought up to sell parts kits to new people/customers while old ones were still waiting for the guns to be shipped. Everything screamed ponzi scheme from someone in way over their head. I wanted to be wrong, but nothing was getting resolved and we (the mods) could no longer sit back and watch other people get their money taken and nothing delivered.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Stilgar.
Your second post was great. Thanks for putting all of that together.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Someone should take him to court for fraud. My favorite part of his whole argument against people taking him to court for fraud was that fraud requires personal gain and since he was broke he didn't benefit from what amounts to his scam. Just because you spent all the money you stole doesn't mean you didn't benefit.

I don't want to post hearsay, but wasn't he banned from PBN for similar BS with the Falcon that never made it out of prototype stage?

Anyway, honestly I hope you guys he still owes get your money back through whatever means necessary.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Would an "I told you so" be out of line at this stage ? Seriously... Doc Nickel is who turned me off custom orders from airsmiths after watching the fiascos of his unfold on the tinkers guild and I only gave Josh a shot because he was in british columbia, i figured worst case there was the RCMP to file a fraud charge with and take him to small claims court over. If I hadn't gotten him to pick a "STOCK" anno color for the first run of guns, ya know the pick your serial number which he then scratched in with what looked like the end of a nail, instead of buying a proper set of number punches.... we'd have been waiting for more than that year and a half for the first batch of R7s. As it was, mine came broken right out of the box. I never could figure out why anyone here would then order another gun, or more options from him after that first fiasco, when many of us needed to "fix" our new defect riddled guns. Nevermind the few falcon owners who for some reason trusted him to fix their guns and sent them back. I remember last year he offered to fix my R7 if I sent it to him... lol... right... and never see it again or have him scratch in a new serial # and sell it to someone else? No thanks. I'm not a complete moron.

Isn't the time period to challenge the disolution of the incorporation coming to an end soon? Folks still owed really oughta start filing papers to take his arse to court.

Last edited by DeeEight; 08-07-2015 at 01:51 AM.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
It's really disappointing. He assured me he was going to make things right when I went to his house last year. When he showed me his mag changer I was pretty stoked, I'm still holding out hope... Like an idiot. If someone gets the ball rolling, I'll jump in, just to busy atm looking for a job lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I'm not personally involved in this mess but I support the decision to remove him from the forum. It seemed that every time he would post it would cause drama to no real end. If he really is the kind of person who will do the right thing, he will do it no matter what people are saying, and no matter if he is banned or not. If he will not do this then he does not have the integrity that he claims to have. Ultimately he owes a lot of people a lot of money and should take a personal loan, refund what is owed, and then consolidate his debt and begin chipping away until it is paid off. Then he will be owning his own debt instead of asking everyone else to do so for him. Then he can do whatever he wants to with his precious inventory. That is the right thing to do and he should already be on the way to the loanshark as we speak.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Never thought I'd be dodging the Avratech bullet when I left the company.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'm glad that getting burned by the PTP mag fiasco made me change my mind about paying for the R7. I always knew the guy was a turd, but almost fell into the trap because the design looked cool.

I truly hope those of you that have been swindled by Mr. Grasby are able to recuperate your losses.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I truly hope those of you that have been swindled by Mr. Grasby are able to recuperate your losses.
Oh is that his last name? According to my google-fu he's living in Maple Ridge, BC currently (if someone wants to know where to find him to have a court agent serve him with papers).
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
Oh is that his last name? According to my google-fu he's living in Maple Ridge, BC currently (if someone wants to know where to find him to have a court agent serve him with papers).
He moved to somewhere in Saskatchewan earlier in this year but my google-fu is not strong enough to determine where in the province he now hides.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech