mcarterbrown.com  

Bob Long BLAST - Bob Long Action Sports Technologies

Old 05-10-2017, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Hose & barb question.

Hello.

I would like to know if cocker hose & barbs would work on an Intimidator. I'm having issues finding a standard size hose kit and I don't want to purchase a high-flow kit unless I absolutely have to (fixing the Timmy for someone else, so cost is a factor). Or does anyone still sell standard sized Timmy hose/barb kits? I can't find any aside from on eBay and I'd prefer not to deal with that.

If it matters, it is a 2k1 that looks like it has been 2k2'd. Trig frame, LPR, and front block are all 2k2. Not sure on the board and other innards. Had a leaky barb and ended up snapping it off.

This has probably been asked before, but I'm finding conflicting answers in my searching. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by glaman5266; 05-10-2017 at 02:23 AM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I believe the barbs on the Eblade cocking solenoid housing are the same thread.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Thanks for the reply. I ended up springing for a high-flow kit. Man, it sucks when you want factory parts for old guns.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Caught it late, but for reference, yes, 'cocker hose is the same ID as the original classic timmy hose. Barbs are M3 threaded 1/16" OD, high flow kits are 5/64" ID hose OD for barbs. You can get either pretty cheap on ebay.
timekeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

OK! I'll keep this for reference if I'm ever stuck doing this again. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Baller

Hi all, sorry to revive an old thread, but I live in Canada and shipping costs from all the good US paintball supply places have gone wayy up in the past year or so.

What I got from the above is that you can use regular old autococker hose on old bob long high flow barbs - does this include the barbs on alias intimidators?

Thank you and sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. Just trying to make sure im doing this correct before I spend $30 on parts.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

If need be, yes, but you're looking at sluggish cycles, a haard time getting the hose on the barbs and messing with the dwell. High flow barbs came standard on later 2k2 timmies and all following models, those are 5/64" OD (for 5/64" ID hose), where 'cocker hose is 1/16" ID, so it'll flow considerably less than high flow hose. 5/64" or 2mm ID urethane tubing rated to 120+ PSI is what you're looking for; like this: 5/32 OD x 5/64 ID Polyurethane Tubing - Bimba Manufacturing
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Baller

Thank you! A follow up question: do autococker barbs and bob long barbs use the same threading? Ie: could I screw high flow barbs into a cocker 3-way, or cocker barbs into an alias? Are they both M3 threaded?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsGunShow View Post
Thank you! A follow up question: do autococker barbs and bob long barbs use the same threading? Ie: could I screw high flow barbs into a cocker 3-way, or cocker barbs into an alias? Are they both M3 threaded?

Depends on the model, most WGP 3-ways are threaded 6-40, some from other brands are threaded M3 or 3-48 and some rams and most LPR's are threaded 10-32. Rather than getting M3 threaded for all, I'd look at getting 5/64" OD barbs in their respective threads for each if possible (some of the 3-ways that use 3-48 barbs, have them set so close, that it's the only size thread you can fit on there without having barbs bump into each other).

On the other side of the coin, I have drilled and tapped BL front blocks and sleeves for 10-32 threads, and other than having to make a bit more space in the frame for the barb's shoulder, I was able to run 3/32" hose to and from the solenoid (using crankwalk barbs on the solenoid, if you're on IOG, you'll understand what they are; if not, they're the best m3 barbs I ever bought, crank's no longer selling though); on paper, that's overkill for a solenoid with a Cv of 0.12 (Mac43), but I'll test it and make sure before I go back to 5/64" hose.

But I digress, if you want better flow without permanent mods to either marker, stick to the proper factory thread sizes.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Bob Long