mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 08-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Villiage Idiot

Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Rainmaker the Right Reg/Tuning Problem

Messing around with a Rainmaker.
I bought it working but without a reg. I tossed a Evil Detonator Reg on it and now it either leaks, hammers or cycles but doesn't really feel like there is any pressure coming out of the barrel depending on how high the reg is set.

Should the Detonator be able to power these?

Advice on how to tune this beast?
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The detonator manual says 100 to 550 psi and I think that should be plenty for an RM, at least on a shot by shot basis.

If it cycles but the valve doesn't even flinch, I would say the carrier isn't latching the hammer.

Has it been modded? The stock setup for that latch is terrible.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Villiage Idiot

Fan of EMR
As I understand it:
Maddman Rocket valve

MadMarty style carrier and hammer mods - carrier pin, hardened striking face added to hammer, reshaped hammer latch.

Rainman229 volumizer backblock

WGP Bullet-style adjustable LPR

PPS QEVs on a Clippard ram

Come to think of it. Could it be a battery issue? The battery was a pain in the butt to get in, maybe something with the connection there.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

In that case, and if the carrier isn't latching, I think either the carrier adjustment backed out or the LPR needs to come up a little to push the ram back more.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Villiage Idiot

Fan of EMR
LOL

It's a Toy, if you want it back I can send it back to you otherwise I will keep messing with it in my spare time and eventually get it on the field and make people deaf.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2016, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
LOL

It's a Toy, if you want it back I can send it back to you otherwise I will keep messing with it in my spare time and eventually get it on the field and make people deaf.
It will do that. Going for a loudener? RMs with the bull barrel are loud to start with. Don't cycle it without the upper installed, that is painful loud.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Villiage Idiot

Fan of EMR
Yes, and just using a barrel back so it's a 5" barrel, unported with a Loudener.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2016, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah, you'll make some friends with that.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

This is an old thread by now, but I wanted to update it in case anyone else ever runs into this.

I bought the Rainmaker back from Greenmtnphantom - I sold it to him originally - and double checked everything once it arrived. Carrier spacing was fine, nothing had broken or come loose in the valve train.

The issue was with the Rocket valve and Rainman volumizer backblock. The volumizer backblock is not made to the same spec as an O.E. backblock/reg setup - it's slightly longer where it enters the valve chamber - and the cupseal's cone was actually making contact with and getting hung up on the backblock. As an experiment, I added a light spring into the backblock to limit the travel and help it return, and it was able to seal up somewhat reliably, although every 3-5 cycles it would stick slightly and I'd get a faint leak down the barrel.

I ended up swapping in a stock valve and cup seal arrangement and it worked great today, shot about 150 balls through it.

It's not likely that anyone else will have this combo of aftermarket parts on a Rainmaker, but in case it ever happens, there's my solution. (I also happen to have about a half-dozen stock valve bodies if anyone's looking for one. )
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
This is an old thread by now, but I wanted to update it in case anyone else ever runs into this.

I bought the Rainmaker back from Greenmtnphantom - I sold it to him originally - and double checked everything once it arrived. Carrier spacing was fine, nothing had broken or come loose in the valve train.

The issue was with the Rocket valve and Rainman volumizer backblock. The volumizer backblock is not made to the same spec as an O.E. backblock/reg setup - it's slightly longer where it enters the valve chamber - and the cupseal's cone was actually making contact with and getting hung up on the backblock. As an experiment, I added a light spring into the backblock to limit the travel and help it return, and it was able to seal up somewhat reliably, although every 3-5 cycles it would stick slightly and I'd get a faint leak down the barrel.

I ended up swapping in a stock valve and cup seal arrangement and it worked great today, shot about 150 balls through it.

It's not likely that anyone else will have this combo of aftermarket parts on a Rainmaker, but in case it ever happens, there's my solution. (I also happen to have about a half-dozen stock valve bodies if anyone's looking for one. )
Got a picture of the RM?

I just picked one up on ebay.
scarney1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle