mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
I support sound fiscal management and intelligent science policy. That leaves me with really only one option.
Me too. But i bet we are voting for differing parties

Proud member of The Peacekeepers & UMSG JTF7
KoolKat's Feedback
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
OK, I just want to throw my 2 cents out here.

I am a Firearm owner, I like being a Firearm owner. Not just because Firearms are fun and go "boom", but also because it is a freedom, a freedom that not everyone shares. (Heck in some countries, youíd be thrown in jail just for having a water gun)

Now the NDP, from what I understand, are very anti-firearm. So much so that they want to simply "ban all guns". The liberals are also anti-firearm. They may not "setout" to "ban all guns", only banning "Assault weapons". But guess what, "Assault weapons" tends to mean millirty firearms. And do you know how many firearms derive from millirty backgrounds? Allot, anything from the super common Lee Enfield to the new Remington 870's to those little 22's.

Now you might say, "PB Guy, guns arenít the most important things to think about these days." This is true, but none the less, Firearm ownership is a freedom. And if they can take that freedom away, why not other freedoms? Maybe bows and arrows are too dangerous, maybe fireworks are too dangerous? Heck, maybe paintball is too dangerous for the public to have. It's happened Europe, so why not us?

I guess this all may sound like crazy talk, but all I know is when I go to vote for the first time in my life, I'm voting for a party that has my interests in their plan.

Just some food for thought......
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTBALL GUY 3 View Post
OK, I just want to throw my 2 cents out here.

I am a Firearm owner, I like being a Firearm owner. Not just because Firearms are fun and go "boom", but also because it is a freedom, a freedom that not everyone shares. (Heck in some countries, youíd be thrown in jail just for having a water gun)

Now the NDP, from what I understand, are very anti-firearm. So much so that they want to simply "ban all guns". The liberals are also anti-firearm. They may not "setout" to "ban all guns", only banning "Assault weapons". But guess what, "Assault weapons" tends to mean millirty firearms. And do you know how many firearms derive from millirty backgrounds? Allot, anything from the super common Lee Enfield to the new Remington 870's to those little 22's.

Now you might say, "PB Guy, guns arenít the most important things to think about these days." This is true, but none the less, Firearm ownership is a freedom. And if they can take that freedom away, why not other freedoms? Maybe bows and arrows are too dangerous, maybe fireworks are too dangerous? Heck, maybe paintball is too dangerous for the public to have. It's happened Europe, so why not us?

I guess this all may sound like crazy talk, but all I know is when I go to vote for the first time in my life, I'm voting for a party that has my interests in their plan.

Just some food for thought......
Sooo...

Libertarians or Christian Heritage?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pbguy... At least you're voting ... That's a freedom that few take advantage off and many in other countries are fighting and dieing just to have the chance too

I don think we should be adding our .2 on different party's platforms on Here and dropping suddle hints As to who we might be voting for... We should be Discussing what we are going to do As Canadians to get everyone we know out to the voting station on MAY 2ND

IF you have every done buisness with me could i bug you for a little feedback?... I allways forget to ask
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

https://www.isthereazombieapocalypse.com/
Graf Orlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

Right: Vote.

Preferably for the party you agree with MOST out of all of the parties, not just choosing a party that's likely to win.

The face of the Canadian government would look a lot different if people actually voted for the party they really prefer, vs just against the party they really dislike.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmarble View Post
Right: Vote.

Preferably for the party you agree with MOST out of all of the parties, not just choosing a party that's likely to win.

The face of the Canadian government would look a lot different if people actually voted for the party they really prefer, vs just against the party they really dislike.
Agreed 1 million percent!!

A little research goes a long way when it comes being informed too folks. Most of the parties have their platforms online for anyone to look at. Some even have cost breakdown to show how they will fund said promises too.

Don't rely on the media hype and misinformation on ANY of the parties.

KoolKat's Feedback
Old 04-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Orlock View Post
Pbguy... At least you're voting ... That's a freedom that few take advantage off and many in other countries are fighting and dieing just to have the chance too

I don think we should be adding our .2 on different party's platforms on Here and dropping suddle hints As to who we might be voting for... We should be Discussing what we are going to do As Canadians to get everyone we know out to the voting station on MAY 2ND
Would you like me to take my post down? That done took alot'a brain power last night to write.

The point of my post was not to suggest which party is best, but just to highlight some points that some people may not know. Lots of people don’t realize how big of a part Firearms play in our Canadian society. Farmers wouldn't be able to protect their crop/live stock as well from predators such as coyotes. Some species would over populate do to plenty of food (your local garbage can, dumps) but no threat of humans. The money that firearms and ammo (we're talking hunting and sporting arms here) bring in is also a notable amount.

Listen, I don’t want a fight. If you guys would like me to remove my posts then I will do so. After all, "dis eis a Holy place!".

Thanks.

Ti
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
who said take it down?

Anyways.

I haven't seen any party look at banning all firearms. i've seen a couple that want assault weapons yes but they usually specifically exclude any time of long barreled hunting rifle from a ban.

KoolKat's Feedback
Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah banning fire arms completely Seems rediculus ... Banning handguns and assult weapons might make more sence and there intentions are probably aimed at reducing guns and gun related crime in urban centers ...

IF you have every done buisness with me could i bug you for a little feedback?... I allways forget to ask
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

https://www.isthereazombieapocalypse.com/
Graf Orlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Voted yesterday at the advance poll. It'll be interesting to see what happens on Monday. Either way, I hope there's at least a decent voter turnout.

Besides, if you don't vote, you have absolutely NO right to complain.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Canada