mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Sooner or later, we all face this decision

I imagine I'm not the only one who knows and cares about Mike Cassidy and his brand/baby/amazing product, the CCI phantom.

In a recent phone conversation I had with Mike (my first and only so far), he mentioned he's looking into retirement in the coming years. As a man that's been at it for 31 years producing over 40,000 units, each hand assembled by the Saint himself, I can't imagine this is shocking news for anyone. Still, I'm a little sad about the idea.

He recently blew out his Phantom Revolution stock at a substantially lower price than he has had them at. He mentioned this on my phone conversation with him also, I just didn't image it would be within a week of talking to him. I think this adds weight to what he said when I talked to him.

I guess I was expecting him to be in business forever, because I had imagined helping a future generation of paintballers get hooked on phantoms and then be able to hand pick their dream builds some day. Perhaps this can still happen, but of course I feel a level of uncertainty that comes with any change.

Though I am probably one of the more recent Phantom "Phanboys," I have to say I have a huge respect (dare I say love?) for the product and the man that produces it.

I remember holding the first one I bought used, after wanting one for years. It just screamed quality.

I can imagine that some of you on here probably know him much better than I do, so perhaps you can judge if this is a conversation that should happen publicly in this section of the forum, or if it should be moved to one of the member only sections.

Either way, I thought this was a conversation that "Phans" of the CCI product were going to have eventually, so I thought I'd just throw this post up and see what peoples thoughts were.

Click-click, pew.
- BB
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
I need this!

MCB should form an owners group, buy CCI, and keep it running forever. It's the only possible way to maintain order in the universe.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
MCB should form an owners group, buy CCI, and keep it running forever. It's the only possible way to maintain order in the universe.
I fear that BB's post will cause a market buy-out of cci parts right now as I type this.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Um, 500 shares, please. Not even kidding.
spent several years in the industry - don't do it
shoveling horse [$&*!] is a better job
Feedback

CAX

I am "SPARE EDDIE"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
I fear that BB's post will cause a market buy-out of cci parts right now as I type this.
Mike would love this, my favorite quote from him I ever heard was "Hey, if i've got it, I don't want it!" his response was on the phone after I apologized for calling yet again to order more stuff.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Mike told me that his son has zero interest in keeping CCI running after he retires, which leaves us the question: Will Mike sell CCI to another person? This person would have to have ALL the attributes that Mike has, and can't possibly do ANYTHING to soil the good name and reputation he has built. Hopefully, he has someone in mind. If I had the dough, I'd buy it myself. I could think of nothing I'd rather do until I die than carry on the tradition of CCI and the Phantom.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Scavenger

Quote:
I like this idea.

Edit: we could build a bunkhouse at the shop and all live there and go by our alias’s and build phantoms to fund our underground fighting ring as well as other mischiefs.

Last edited by Bigtuana; 04-25-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtuana View Post
I like this idea.

Edit: we could build a bunkhouse at the shop and all live there and go by our alias’s and build phantoms to fund our underground fighting ring as well as other mischiefs.
First rule of phight club, there is no phight club.

I remember Mike saying he's looking into future prospects, but he was pretty elusive as to what that actually meant.

I feel like a number of us are coming from the same place on this one. Maybe there's something there to build on?

Considering the number of paintball junkies on here, I was hoping someone knew Mike more personally or worked with him. Even with enough insight to say there's things in the works that can't be talked about. I don't know.

Maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 04-25-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Honestly this is not that crazy of an idea... the shop and all the gear is already setup and ready to go.

A group of interested partners purchase ownership, with someone selected to manage/maintain daily operations.... I think I've heard of this working before....

BTW, does anyone have any idea how much CCI is worth as a company?

atomicleaf
atomicleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
the oddballer

Iím down as a currently unemployed broke person who love to tinker I volunteer. Or I want to buy at least one share haha either one haha
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI