mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Player

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
I hope there is a heat seeking FSR on the way to make it worth having the slowest ROF of any gun on the field.
I have never used FSR but have seen it employed VERY effectively during a scenario game.

Shooter was in a house with several other defenders, they were shooting a mix of semis and pumps. The shooter was back from the windows and gaps and picked his shots. While his companions kept others occupied he was gogging people (including me) at 60-75 feet.

I had a long walk back so I left before the final outcome but one of my team mates told me the FSR guy was last man standing in the house and only then was his low ROF his undoing.

From what I have seen and experienced, FSR is kinda like stock class play, you need to adapt to the circumstances and make an advantage out of what you have.

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathbaster View Post
From what I have seen and experienced, FSR is kinda like stock class play, you need to adapt to the circumstances and make an advantage out of what you have.
Good observation, I am of a similar opinion.

Though I also lump magfed and stock class into the same category of "limited paint" play (and play both).

A popular magfed argument to try and distinguish itself from other limited paint styles is that "there is no limit to the number of mags you can carry" which is a silly and untrue statement . . . if for no other reason then that at some point you will be so encumbered that you will be unable to move or stand (a hard and definite limit lol).

The limited paint styles share much more in common then they would probably like to admit.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
While not technically a member of the Transformer family due to his non-vehicular appearance, Obake is a also a robot in disguise and distant cousin of Optimus Prime.
Obake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

These are some really good points.

FSR's are a bit of a game changer on a slightly larger than speedball field format, because all of the sudden pump or bolt action is a "nerf" in rate of fire but a "buff" in range.

As a super aggressive suicidal pump player, I found the one scenario game I played super boring. I kept running into sniper fire or speedball markers at maximum range. It wasn't until I started loan wolfing away from other players and obvious bunkers that I started to get some kills. So I imagine slinging a FSR of some description would allow aggressive but sneaky play beyond the range of most speedball markers, making a low ROF still relevant when there's 5 high ROF's pointed back at you. Assuming they hear you coming. You know I'm really just in it for the foam melee kills.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
As a super aggressive suicidal pump player
This resonates with me in a real way
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Geezer

Send a message via MSN to Deadshot Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
By how many orders of magnitude does the scope out range the round? I honestly have no idea but itís comically huge, reminds of those scope-shaped hoppers.

Also, manually loading each round is a hell of a price to pay, I hope there is a heat seeking FSR on the way to make it worth having the slowest ROF of any gun on the field.
The scope is a Supremacy made by Carmatech Engineering and it's designed just for shooting FSR. It's the best scope out there and when combined w/ a tilt riser it's dead on at 70-110 yds gog shots. It exceptional on the Carmateck SAR and won 2 sniper contests in a row.
Deadshot Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

So it really is worth as much as the gun or more, yet still won’t sell.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Loves Phantoms

Did any of you guys buy it?
frd333do33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Negative

I was going to bid but he pulled the listing before I could.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Shame the listing got pulled. These things are a ton of fun. I shot #3 for the afternoon today. No sight, just point and shoot. After a few test shots to learn the trajectory, I had a reliable laser at my disposal. Hand load bolt action fsr was a whole new level of single shot awesomeness. When you’ve only got one shot against hopperball you need it to count, and man did this thing deliver.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI