mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 12-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

I'll toss in another voice in case the new owner reads this later on down the road.

Detent mod should be #1 priority. If they can implement that and market it they should be able to goose sales a little. I guarantee you 90%+ of pump players don't even know this is a thing. We're out there with sniper clones training ourselves to underbore and not point the barrel down. My FAVORITE thing about my old mag pump was it didn't have roll out issues.

Cocker threads are nice, but a moot point if freak insert barrels come from the factory.

My #2 would be a factory integrated way to adjust velocity that doesn't involve reaching down the barrel with a big stick (allen key). Put a regulator on the thing and remove the down the barrel velocity adjustment.

If they can at least get a factory detent I'll buy a brand new phantom this month. Everyone here is talking like these roll out detents are an easy thing to get....have you TRIED lately? Custom shops are a pain in the *** to deal with and haven't been returning emails...and they don't list phones. It's like they want to go out of business.
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
I'll toss in another voice in case the new owner reads this later on down the road.

Detent mod should be #1 priority. If they can implement that and market it they should be able to goose sales a little. I guarantee you 90%+ of pump players don't even know this is a thing. We're out there with sniper clones training ourselves to underbore and not point the barrel down. My FAVORITE thing about my old mag pump was it didn't have roll out issues.

Cocker threads are nice, but a moot point if freak insert barrels come from the factory.

My #2 would be a factory integrated way to adjust velocity that doesn't involve reaching down the barrel with a big stick (allen key). Put a regulator on the thing and remove the down the barrel velocity adjustment.

If they can at least get a factory detent I'll buy a brand new phantom this month. Everyone here is talking like these roll out detents are an easy thing to get....have you TRIED lately? Custom shops are a pain in the *** to deal with and haven't been returning emails...and they don't list phones. It's like they want to go out of business.
I would disagree with regulators being standard on all Phantoms. One strength of the Nelson design is its bulletproof simplicity. In that case, I say if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Detents on the other hand would be welcome.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree. No reg, no way, not one thatís integral to the design. Cost will go up, reliability down, thatís not the Phantom way.

If youíve owned a Phantom youíve probably noticed that the ďPITAĒ adjuster never actually needs adjusting unless the weather changes a lot. The gun is already balanced perfectly in the drawing. Even the adjustable bolt doesnít really matter. My Trracer and Sterling donít have any adjustments and are always field legal.

I agree that the detent should be the next area of focus. The ASP version seems doable. For those that canít wait you should consider Freedummyís wedgits in the meantime. They cost $1.50 and work flawlessly, just like all the testimonials say.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignOfZeta
Freedummy’s wedgits in the meantime. They cost $1.50 and work flawlessly, just like all the testimonials say.
Where can I find these?
Old 12-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menso View Post
Where can I find these?
Right here:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...er-spyder.html
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree that the detent should be the next area of focus. The ASP version seems doable. For those that can’t wait you should consider Freedummy’s wedgits in the meantime. They cost $1.50 and work flawlessly, just like all the testimonials say.
I actually didn't have much luck with those, worth a shot for anybody who hasn't tried them though. I believe it's because my open class body is older.

Last edited by Slvwy; 12-27-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Slvwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:37 AM   #47 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

+1 yay!
+1 ASP detent mod!

I love that the Phantom title may once again pass from parent to child, as it has for hundreds of years.

Name:  81JLMkn2vfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  143.1 KB

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 12-29-2019 at 04:56 AM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
Real MVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvwy View Post
I actually didn't have much luck with those, worth a shot for anybody who hasn't tried them though. I believe it's because my open class body is older.
How much older?

I think everyone here is correct when they say a factory detent is long overdue and a must going forward with the Phantom line, whether itís like ASPís or not. I know I canít be the only one whoíd be much more inclined to purchase a new one with this addition.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Post Whore

factory detent (or any other changes) don't appear to be happening as they have posted a few new markers with no changes.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menso View Post
Real MVP.

How much older?

I think everyone here is correct when they say a factory detent is long overdue and a must going forward with the Phantom line, whether itís like ASPís or not. I know I canít be the only one whoíd be much more inclined to purchase a new one with this addition.
Not sure on the exact age, but the new c-bored barrels don't really fit properly into it but seem to thread fine into my new stock class body I bought.
Slvwy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI