mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
SSR and paintballs

Howdy - considering a SSR purchase and am a newbie to them. I read that they are designed for first strike only and canít shoot normal paint. Is it that it CANíT shoot normal paint (what happens if you do?) or is it a mag spring pressure thing like the Tiberius mags? Could you mod the springs to shoot normal paint?

I plan to purchase it for a FS platform but was curious to the ability to shoot regular paint if fields donít allow it. Apologies if this has been clarified somewhere. I did my best searching and read through the gargantuan thread on the build/design of the marker but might have missed it.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
We designed the magazines for FS. The springs are really stiff and will crush paintballs.

We never tried to do dual projectiles. We went FS only.

The gun is a paintball gun yes it will shoot paintballs. Single shot hand feed.

This is only 48 yards. I shoot paintballs just to get the feel of the gun and to practice fit,form and function. But on the field with paintballs ,it's just any other paintball gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXT...SMH9ULsg4-PHxo

Last edited by CCMachinist; 12-14-2017 at 12:14 PM.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

In my understanding, because the magazine is part of the breech it also doesn't have a detent? Even if you fixed the spring tension, the magazine might just empty roundball down the barrel.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
In my understanding, because the magazine is part of the breech it also doesn't have a detent? Even if you fixed the spring tension, the magazine might just empty roundball down the barrel.

You can use sizers with our barrel. Just like our pump guns or any other barrel system that uses sizers.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
With the new Tiberius round plastic shell paintballs (same as FS) except they have a talc like powder in them. They will work well in our heavy spring magazines. As far as a detent in the magazine goes, we can fix that.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Thanks for the info. I’ve played single shot before and wouldn’t have an issue with that.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

You can use normal paintballs. Itís the same issue as the Tiberius mags in spring pressure. I messed around one day just to mess around lol.

But Bill is right, without fs itís like shooting a normal bolt action marker. Except it looks cool. And itís regulated so itís very consistent. And it has a really nice feeling action. And itís efficient (32 shots for me). And it looks cool lol.

Hope that helps bro. Get ready to deal with some people not being happy about you eliminating them all the time. I havenít posted my experience here yet but one day I shot so man people that they asked me to go back playing single shot lol. And Iím not very good so imagine whatíll happen with a decent shooter...

Cheers bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
You can use normal paintballs. Itís the same issue as the Tiberius mags in spring pressure. I messed around one day just to mess around lol.

But Bill is right, without fs itís like shooting a normal bolt action marker. Except it looks cool. And itís regulated so itís very consistent. And it has a really nice feeling action. And itís efficient (32 shots for me). And it looks cool lol.

Hope that helps bro. Get ready to deal with some people not being happy about you eliminating them all the time. I havenít posted my experience here yet but one day I shot so man people that they asked me to go back playing single shot lol. And Iím not very good so imagine whatíll happen with a decent shooter...

Cheers bro
Thanks for the info and compliments, my brother. Iím searching for my next thing and this might just be it.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Negative

For shooting roundball from the SSR, you can tighten the mag follower to that it stays at a position that will work for single-loading paintballs. I tried on magazine of roundball through my SSR and it broke several from the spring pressure. That being said, I think it might be possible to substitute Dye DAM or similar springs and successfully use roundball with the magazines.

Either way the SSR is a great marker, especially for the price. Snag one if you can. I love mine, it shoots very well and the quality is outstanding.
Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you have a mag full of round paintballs, I think the mag will empty them into the breech when you pull back the bolt.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Phantom Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM