mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Significantly less crazy now; I drop tested some of the left over paint last night - 6 of 10 broke from a 12" fall, 10 of 10 from 24" - yikes!
Old 04-28-2019, 10:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm happy to say that they have a new shipment of fresh paint. I shot marbalizers today. They were great. Small. I had rollouts with a 679. Other than that, great paint. I heard good things about the custom also, the lower grade paint.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hey, kind of off topic, but still tangentially related. I might end up moving to the Bayport, MN/ Hudson WI area by next summer. Are there any fields that do a lot of business reasonably close to there? Just looking for some place to play walk-on ball that consistently has players on the weekends.

Edit: Just realized those are some pretty small towns. On the boarder of MN/WI, East of St. Paul.

Last edited by autococker04; 11-26-2019 at 04:42 PM.
autococker04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Splat-Tag in Hudson & Twin Cities Paintball in Baldwin are sister fields.
Twin Cities Paintball™
Splat Tag | Giant Outdoor Paintball Park - MN/WI

Splat-Tag is where I go for big games. Giant Big Games in June and August usually get 400+ people, provided it isn't raining. They also have walk-on and monthly Jungle Rumbles (big games) and pump/pistol games.

Vintage Paintball is in the Twin Cities. I've never been there, but from what I've gathered it's fairly popular. I've heard mixed opinions of it though. Again, I've never been there so perhaps try it for yourself (perhaps I should too!). They also seem to have a store.
https://vintagepaintballpark.com/

Last edited by glaman5266; 11-26-2019 at 08:59 PM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I've been in the area a few times, and can only assume there isn't much paintball going on in the winter. Its really cool that there would be a field that close!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Air Assault in St Paul has an indoor course. Every Friday night is open play for people with their own gear. They also do scrimmage games if you want to get in on tourney play. There is some play outside at Action Paintball near Jordan, but that is usually set for planned days or group reservations. Vintage paintball is in Wisconsin just across the border as well, but like most fields closes up for the winter.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice, its good to know there's an indoor course.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

For the last two years (I believe) Annandale Paintball has been running "Sunday Challenges" which are basically round-robin, best of three speedball matches with minimal cost to enter. Organized teams can play together and individuals/small groups are formed into teams for the day. This year they added an NXL-style timer system so it feels a lot like an event in its pacing. The field team provides a few refs on the field but for the most part people are pretty laid back as the only prizes are drawings at the end of the season.

Annandale also runs the "Battle of the Beef" which is a 3-man, random-draw (with some balancing afterward if needed) tournament that gives away steak, chops, and chicken as prizes with hotdogs for everyone else. Great mix of rental folks and "regulars" with a laid-back feel.
EvilCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

I've played 5 fields, Vintage is my favorite.

Vintage: Clean, large, well maintained fields. Paint is generally small. Decent mix of people, but lots of electros. Some pumps and autocockers too. I'm the weirdo with the old guns.

Splat Tag: Old school woodsball. I feel like I went through a time portal. Muddy as all hell half the time. Good paint when I've been there. Tried to hit the pump games a few times and not enough people showed up. Depending on the weather you may get stuck playing the front fields over and over. They don't maintain the website very well so check facebook because sometimes things don't get updated.

MN Pro: Decent fields, fairly well maintained. Seemed expensive IIRC. I like the fact that they try to turn 2 games, but I have an issue with demasking down range. A few kids had accidental discharges during the breaks.

Special Forces Buffalo: Old school woodsball. Decent fields, funky parking situation. Small staging area. Looks like it would have tons of mosquitos in the summer. I only played there once as a rental in October. Would go back, just haven't got around to it because it's a farther drive for me.

Air Assault St. Paul: Very nice indoor airball field. Rental is 50cal only. I play Friday night mech. Again, I'm the weirdo with an actual mechanical marker. Everybody else is a speedballer with a capped electro. Fast and furious games, usually turn 2-3 depending on how busy it is. I get slaughtered most of the time being old and slow. But it has made me a better player in a lot of ways.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Last edited by Mike@NDS; 12-24-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Awesome info guys! Thanks a lot, it's looking more and more like I'll be moving west, so maybe I'll be playing against you soon.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central