mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

My collection, updated 6/17

Electronic guns:

Modified Rainmaker:

This one's my favourite. It's got a ton of custom touches - I don't think there's much left that's not been tweaked in some way.

Rainman229 backblock
Rainman229 milled upper receiver
Lapco universal clamping feedneck
Evil Pimp Boss frame with handmade frame adapter
Modified stock '99 board to fit frame (yes, the battery is in the frame! )
Handmade front block with SMC solenoid mount, modded Automag vertical ASA and WGP bullet LPR
Clippard ram with one PPS QEV
Dust black CP reg, Empire on-off on Evil drop rail
Mad Marty antifriction mods to the internals
Freedummy custom delrin bolt
Madmann Rocket valve (1 of 25, I think... almost as hard to find as the AKALMP Tornado valve)

Evil Pimp:

I bought a Pipe kit from Kijiji and got a box of Pimp parts along with it, so naturally I had to build one from all the pieces.

Smart Parts All American with 12" tip
Boss grip frame with blade trigger
Low-pro eBay clamping feedneck
TASO grips
Palmer Stabilizer
CP direct mount ASA, handmade side drop
Ironman LPR

It's like an Impulse/Intimidator hybrid with Evil upgrade parts.

Smart Parts Epiphany:

This one was pieced together from the various bits left over from my other Ion projects.

It is made of:

Ion breech with no-name clamping feedneck
Epiphany firing can
Ion frame
Ion board with Epiphany high-pressure solenoid - the Epiphany board had two bad switches but had a good solenoid, so I removed the Ion solenoid and soldered on the Epiphany solenoid.
Skeletonized body - the Epiphany body was starting to peel in some areas, and I didn't really like the way it looked, so I cut it down and smoothed it.

Stock Epiphany reg, Shocktech drop, CP on-off.

Delrin trigger (FBM? I'm not sure, I bought it off a Facebook group) that I added a return magnet from a stock trigger assembly. I "milled" a pocket into it and epoxied the magnet in - adjusting the travel setscrew in the frame now adjusts the return tension. Feels pretty good - not super walkable, which is what I was going for, but light enough that it could be.

Mechanical guns:

Double Mech Ion:

Big thanks to Tymcneer for making the feednecks for me... This wouldn't have worked otherwise.

This thing is built off two Ions converted to mech and runs off of a Clippard MAV-4 in the frame instead of the usual SMAV-3. I have one air supply feeding the dump chambers, but each gun fires independently - one on the trigger pull, one on the release - in an attempt to alleviate any shootdown that might occur from trying to fill two dump chambers simultaneously.

Mech Ion:

TFGPB mech kit
NDZ Skeleton bolt
Lapco tactical body with Lapco clamping feedneck
Epiphany frame, Epiphany breech, Ion firing can
Evil Pipe .686 back, 10" front
CP Razor drop
MacDev Sonic ASA

Nice, light, compact, efficient. Normally I run it with a 22ci tank.

And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 07-06-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Updated the thread with some more information and newer pictures. Not that anyone reads this stuff anyways.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Love that Pump Rainmaker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Updated the thread with some more information and newer pictures. Not that anyone reads this stuff anyways.
I do :P

Love those rainmakers. I've never had the pleasure of shooting one, unfortunately. Your wood grips look fantastic as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never Productive

That pump is awesome.
If you do get some sort of box mag on that 68 Special, then I really want to see it.

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Love that Pump Rainmaker!!
Thanks - still very much a work in progress, and I need to track down another bolt and bolt cover at some point as I'm currently sharing two bolts and covers between three Rainmakers, but it was fun to use this past weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I do :P

Love those rainmakers. I've never had the pleasure of shooting one, unfortunately. Your wood grips look fantastic as well.
Thank you! They're fun to make - I try to do something different with every set I do. The pair on the Ion got some light charring done before the stain and then 5 coats of polyurethane... creates some depth in the right light and gives them character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam-I-Am View Post
That pump is awesome.
If you do get some sort of box mag on that 68 Special, then I really want to see it.
It will happen at some point... I've had the Special for probably 3 years now and used it once, I'm in no rush with this thing. If I can find a front receiver in good shape for a decent price I'll have a go at it - as it stands, a Rotor can keep up with it no problem on full auto, it's just hard to find CO2 these days.

My Feedback

My Collection
Old 01-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Never Productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
as it stands, a Rotor can keep up with it no problem on full auto, it's just hard to find CO2 these days.
Sweet...
I Love how those things look too.

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Updated and added.

My Feedback

My Collection
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Jordan,

Explain that 68-Special wire detent mod please ? I'd like to do the same to mine.
How did you make it?
Does it interfere at all?
Does it work well to keep small paint seated?

Also, my main body to breach bolts are really seized. I can't get the body seperated without fear of stripping the bold heads. Did you find the bolts got this way on yours? Maybe a bit of heat to loosen in in order, thoughts?

Cheers,

Mel7
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleager7 View Post
Hi Jordan,

Explain that 68-Special wire detent mod please ? I'd like to do the same to mine.
How did you make it?
Does it interfere at all?
Does it work well to keep small paint seated?

Also, my main body to breach bolts are really seized. I can't get the body seperated without fear of stripping the bold heads. Did you find the bolts got this way on yours? Maybe a bit of heat to loosen in in order, thoughts?

Cheers,

Mel7
It's pretty simple to do - I can't claim ownership of the idea, there are variations of it on here that I got the inspiration for the mod.

I used part of a wire coathanger - cut it long and bend it, then trim as necessary to fit it. You'll want to start with a small loop, big enough to fit the barrel pinch bolt through, but small enough that the bolt's head won't slip through. I find once that's done, you'll be able to install the wire onto the gun and tighten it down which will make it easier to form. Make a bend that puts it in line with the widest part of the squeegee port, and tweak it in towards the breach near the middle of the port, to help block it off and keep paintballs from pushing into the port and getting chopped. After that's adjusted to your satisfaction, make sure the bolt linkage can cycle properly and won't smash into the wire and the bolt won't hit it, trim as required.

You can basically use any gauge metal rod to make it with, but I chose a wire coathanger because they're free and easy to work with, but retain their shape well.

It works quite well with the Graffiti I tried it out with - full auto with a Rotor worked fine with no chops.

I got my Special in pieces from a member on here and put it together myself, so I haven't experienced seized bolts - but I'm sure completely disassembling it will allow you to apply some heat to the bolts to loosen them up. Not too much, the receiver is cast alloy so you don't want to melt it.

My Feedback

My Collection

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner