mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

A Half Cock'D marker collection

I enjoy bright colors, cockers, pumps, Planet Eclipse guns, and odd balls. I'll try to put them in some semblance of a logical order.

Cockers/Cocker Pumps:

2k5 Black Magic
Midblock 2k5, anodizing by Blizzard. Ribbon slot milling by Angry Antle. Features an empire bolt and a Mozak sled that was custom cut (if you have a 2k5 bolt/sled, PM me). Sconi feedneck, Doc's Machine eye cover.

PsychoBallistics Lightning
My first cocker. Has since become a franken-loaner pump. Impulse Reg, Dye Drop forward.

System X Vengeance 2.0
Not technically a matching barrel, but close enough. Recently teched by Tim Firpo, shoots great.

Palmer's Swiss Cheese
#5 of 5 (technically, 6). Tequila Sunrise with full CP kit, a freak bored CP back, and a TI Dye Boomstick (seen in the last photo).

Cotton Candy STO
WGP slider and pink .45 grips. Definitely a player's gun.

PsychoBallistics SuperBolt
Blood Spatter Cerakote by VooDoo Coatings. Sanchez dual rod pump kit and custom Stinger grips (+1 internet cookies for whoever knows the comic)

2k2 Black Magic
One of my childhood dream guns. Shocktech slider, Committed Paintball pump kit, CCM feedneck. Lots of city miles on this bad larry, but shoots a dream.

Belsales Evolution X
Another childhood dream gun. Added the POPS ASA. Stupid smooth and a trigger pull totally unlike anything else in my collection.

Aftershock SFL
This was an actual Aftershock back up gun. As an added bonus, it has a Danny Love milled barrel (ironically, to prevent theft by teammates). This gun was ridden hard and put away wet. Received it from a former (and now current again) Shock player in the current mechanical form. Teched by Tim Firpo after spending an eternity in the sonic cleaner. This thing has dropped more Gs than Atlanta rappers in strip clubs.

F5 TWSTR
My personal unicorn. I've wanted one since I saw an original while playing at AG Paintball when I was twelve. #14 (my jersey number) with two matching fronts. If you ever see this for sale, let me know, because it means I was robbed. She is slightly dirty because she gets used often. Always keep the cow in the case (for luck).

PMS Mark II
Saved this beauty from a pawn shop, though she does have a few dings and dents for her troubles. Was recently serviced by the legendary Mark Davis himself, and shoots buttery smooth.

Sleeper Pump
Started life as a WGP vertical feed. Empire Feedneck milled by Doc's Machine, SL3 reg, Freeflow hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, AKA bolt, Committed Paintball Pump kit, POPs ASA, Benchmark Slider, Shocktech shoe. This is definitely my primary pump, anyone who has shot it knows why.

System X Vengeance 4.0 Project
I was hoping to get this together to use in the NEPL this year, but it is seemingly less likely. Will definitely aim for E1 next year.

Meteor Feather Project
Slowly gathering parts for this one. Waiting to see what Cup brings this year before I decide on an Anno.

HEX Stock Class Project
Probably the ugliest hand dremeled stock class cocker you've ever seen. I have a WIP thread around here if you are interested. Likely to be the next one to anno.

Last edited by pbyrne233; 06-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.
pbyrne233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

E-Face Mowers:

05 Ego
Virture board. Sadly, non functioning due to solenoid issues.

06 Ego
My first real high end and what started my love affair with PE. Virtue board and Luck Un1tec barrel kit. Also non functioning due to solenoid issues.

ACI Blind Rage
Honestly the strangest gun I own. It takes a 9V and a AAA battery. Without either battery inside, it weighs as much as the 05 and 06 Egos COMBINED. Shoots somewhat decently eyes work pretty well, trigger is sloppy as hell. Cool example of the lengths manufacturers were going to in order to compete with the Ion in the early 00's.

Manchester Half Cock'D Ego 11
My former primary, now used by whoever on the team doesn't have working gear (which is everyone, at one point or another). Lasering by Harrison Frye of Seattle Thunder.

Geo 3
My primary these days. IV Core, beat to hell, reliable AF.

2k5'd Dragon Intimidator Build

Coming Soon

System X NME
Coming Soon

Last edited by pbyrne233; 08-03-2018 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

General pumps and other oddball things:

Nelspot 007
This was one of Doc's Phantom Internals barn saves. I missed out on the first wave. Someone commissioned this but never responded to Doc's emails or paid him, so I got my number called and snagged it. Shoots great, despite the rust.

Azodin KP II+
This was the last version of the Khaos Pump made before they went to the half block style they have now. Came with the locking feedneck, single trigger, and on/off ASA standard. Really shoots super nice, I keep it as my back up due to the high reliability.

Tippmann Pro-Lite
Purchased this as a beat up rental for $20. Cut the fore grip and widened the opening for an APEX, new aluminum bolt, GearHead Paintball feedneck to stock class adapter, BT spring loaded feedtube, JCS folding stock, and some random, not working Red Dot for added Mag-Fed Coolness. Hasn't been shot in anger since I finished it.

Minimag(?)
Confession: I am awful with 'Mags. This was a recent purchase so it could go to Ghost Flanker for the Dye Mag mod.

Mech Ion

Coming Soon

More to come...

Last edited by pbyrne233; 06-07-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Intermidiate

No photos?
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLINDMAN Pb View Post
No photos?
Adding in now, totally worth the wait
Old 05-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
Adding in now, totally worth the wait
You're right.
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Did you buy into the Palmer's run or pick it up after? Heard so many horror stories about them, curious if it was worth it or not.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Did you buy into the Palmer's run or pick it up after? Heard so many horror stories about them, curious if it was worth it or not.
After. I can honestly say I'm not a fan of the trigger frame, but it's not the worst I've used. Other than that, it's been decent.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Land of OZ

Fab collection of custom guns.

Love the finishes on the Cockers

Mike
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

I remember Nuke on CC being a strong ball roller to getting Craig to do this run. Craig agreed if there was x amount of interest and if those wanting guns supplied frames they wanted built-up, or other non Palmer's parts for that matter. A number of members supplied him with Shocktech surplus frames on eBay; at the time the tolerance issues with these frames were not as well known about. Craig built them with each members specified innards because that was what supplied to him. From what I've seen on the boards, he tried to make them better with some off the cuff airsmith tricks.

For the record, I've never handled one, I have no loyalties to the brand, I'm just versing what I remember. Some people were understandably sour for a $1000+ build but I have some empathy for Craig as he was not expecting questionable parts to build tuned machine with, add to that the non ST frame builds had no real complaint. Take it as you will

You've got some nice aluminum there.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner