mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
TPX internals in a pistol that's not a clam shell!

You could even use the new tippmann TCR internals
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
How about using a Mag valve as well?
I was thinking about this as well, sadly I don't currently have one. The nice thing about this design is that swapping internals doesn't mean swapping the lower or upper receiver.
I'll explain this in further detail at a later point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadders View Post
if it works with scarab mags i'm very interested got a load but I'm not a huge fan of spring changes for velocity
Well the magwell for Milsig mags is identical to Honorcore/Scarab, so it would be a matter of replacing the breach. I just have not ordered a mag yet to design a breach. The breach, like most of the marker, is modular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
You're awesome.Was hoping you'd consider producing these
Nice to see that you've included an Ion platform.My results with FSR and Ions have been stellar.
I'd recommended checking out the Zetas for your SMG,they've proven pretty reliable in tests for me (v2) and are perfect scale for a .45 or 9mm scale project
Thanks! I'll be sure to consult with you on the FS results you've had (link?). The mag release is a little tricky for tipx and zeta mags, but i like the idea of using an AR-9 syled setup for CQB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
TPX internals in a pistol that's not a clam shell!

You could even use the new tippmann TCR internals
I'm sure the TCR internals are going to be very similar to Tipx, and since the design is purpose built to be adaptable, anything is possible.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

All kinds of cool good sir. Well done.

Please for the sweet love of us all make an all aluminum tipx body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate the enthusiasm.

I was thinking about this as well, sadly I don't currently have one. The nice thing about this design is that swapping internals doesn't mean swapping the lower or upper receiver.
I'll explain this in further detail at a later point.
Well, have in mind that you can find a Classic valve for $30 to $50 while an RT one would be $130 to $150 and an aluminum X, $180 to $200.

Worst case scenario, that would still be cheaper to get than, say, TipX internals (at least I don't know how to source all the internals from a TipX without buying a full pistol and ditching the body. And I won't even compare the quality difference between a Mag valve (even the Classic one) and the TipX plastic parts.

What I'm trying to say is that you should really give it a good look.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

this amuses me greatly
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Liking what I see so far and look forward to more!
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

Kilt Club
PPS Fan
This is amazing and the TiPX version is solely one of the reasons I'm keeping my TiPX.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
Well, have in mind that you can find a Classic valve for $30 to $50 while an RT one would be $130 to $150 and an aluminum X, $180 to $200.

Worst case scenario, that would still be cheaper to get than, say, TipX internals (at least I don't know how to source all the internals from a TipX without buying a full pistol and ditching the body. And I won't even compare the quality difference between a Mag valve (even the Classic one) and the TipX plastic parts.

What I'm trying to say is that you should really give it a good look.
I've compared the X-valve assembly in solidworks and it looks to be roughly an inch too long for the standard upper and lower AR styled receivers. This isn't to say it is out of the realm of possibility, but it would require an extended or heavily modified upper and lower receiver set. If there is a shorter version of the automag core assembly I'd be very interested to see it.

As for the Tipx internals, everything is readily available on Tippmannparts.com (#23 Air Valve Complete [TPX Pistol Paintball Gun] TA20105) or a complete used Tipx can be picked up for $100 ~ give or take. The Tipx valve itself is of all metal construction. In my opinion it is reliable, and decently well made.

I am still on the hunt for a pure mechanical engine core, possible nelson valve variant?
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
I've compared the X-valve assembly in solidworks and it looks to be roughly an inch too long for the standard upper and lower AR styled receivers. This isn't to say it is out of the realm of possibility, but it would require an extended or heavily modified upper and lower receiver set. If there is a shorter version of the automag core assembly I'd be very interested to see it.

As for the Tipx internals, everything is readily available on Tippmannparts.com (#23 Air Valve Complete [TPX Pistol Paintball Gun] TA20105) or a complete used Tipx can be picked up for $100 ~ give or take. The Tipx valve itself is of all metal construction. In my opinion it is reliable, and decently well made.

I am still on the hunt for a pure mechanical engine core, possible nelson valve variant?
Gog enemy is mechanical. ...
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #20 (permalink)

Phenom Flex valve? Then again that too would add add length.

Was thinking a Tiberius Arms T8, T9, T8.1, or T9.1 would be nice but they are a machined marker instead of designed around a Clamshell so it wouldn't be easily adaptable.

Last edited by AwwShoot; 10-12-2014 at 11:11 AM.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions