mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Jefe: We have many beautiful places for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!
El Guapo: How many places?
Jefe: Many places, many!
El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of places?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A plethora.
Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
TFGPB

Mech them all!!!
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
Baller

So, I've been in touch with Yoda, who has given me a few ideas.

I'm going to try this the easy way first, we'll see how it all works. The 'easy way' is the closest thing to a drop in kit i could find, which is why I'm trying it. If I need to, I'll incorporate a pulse valve - but after talking to Yoda it may not be necessary.

I am sourcing and assembling an alias piece-by-piece for this. I have the majority of the components in the mail. I need to see how everything fits together before I order the next wave.

Things are happening - I'll keep you all in the loop.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Baller

It's been a while, but things ARE happening. I now have each individual piece of a timmy (minus the electronics) plus I have a barrel kit, SMAV-3 and all the barbs, hoses, connectors, and QEV's I could possibly need.

The body, both gripframe clamshells, LPR, HPR and barrel tip are all going off to be custom anno'd in a couple weeks.

I also have a redesigned idea for a "sear" mechanism. It's basically a sled that sits behind the trigger. As I push the trigger, the sled moves over a linkage arm that depresses the button on the SMAV. Holes will be strategically placed in the sled so that the marker fires once on the trigger pull, and once on the trigger return. I expect a heavier than normal trigger, but the auto-response should more than make up for it. It will Not eliminate the 'constant air' issue, but it should dramatically reduce it.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this'll work, but it makes sense in my head. Will post periodic updates as things progress.

Like this:

This is the raw steel frame for what the sled, SMAV and QEV's will sit on. It doesn't look like much now... because it isn't. Lots of work to go!

And yes.. this will be a drop-in replacement for the board. No modifications to the glorious gripframe required.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Baller

Well.. carving galvanized steel with a dremel tool is very challenging. Im on my 4th design revision.

Ive had to simplify, simplify, simplify the design. Cutting galv with a dremel does not lend itself well to intricate, or precise components.

I also need to practice being able to drill holes (freehand) in galv without mucking up my whole project... or i need to get access to a drill press which would make things much easier.

Need to figure some things out, and these pieces are not in their final form, but, heres a pic. If ... IF this design works, it will give me a mechanical auto-response that helps mitigate the 'open-valve' issue found on mech timmys.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #36 (permalink)

Rather than convert to mech, the maker community with its miniature microcontrollers like the arduino are another option. You can run them off 3.5v-24v... using a bluno board, I don't need a screen or buttons even... just a generic bluetooth app to control it. Paired up with a mini 9v lithium ion battery, I don't even need capacitors to run the clapper solenoid in a cocker... the battery can handle up to 15A! Then, to keep things simple, I swapped out the front SMC solenoid to a 9V version of the same model. All you need is the board and a few fets for outputs, then the sensor for the trigger. The eye you can just run right in to the board pins.
Marker Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker Engineer View Post
Rather than convert to mech, the maker community with its miniature microcontrollers like the arduino are another option. You can run them off 3.5v-24v... using a bluno board, I don't need a screen or buttons even... just a generic bluetooth app to control it. Paired up with a mini 9v lithium ion battery, I don't even need capacitors to run the clapper solenoid in a cocker... the battery can handle up to 15A! Then, to keep things simple, I swapped out the front SMC solenoid to a 9V version of the same model. All you need is the board and a few fets for outputs, then the sensor for the trigger. The eye you can just run right in to the board pins.
Very cool, but im too far down this road to turn back now. I have all the pieces in hand.

Unfortunately my annodizer fell through after stringing me along for 6 months and i dont want to wait anymore to get this put together. Ill be assembling it hopefully this week and testing how it works with QEV's and my 1/8 OD hose and fittings (the SMAV-3 has a smaller barb than the stock 2k3 intimidator so i matched everything to that size). Want to make sure there are no airflow issues. The trigger mechanism is still in the fabrication stage (i was waiting for my anno to be done to finish it), but its coming along nonetheless.

I must say, the idea of controlling my settings through a bluetooth app sounds appealing, but what do those settings in-app look like? I assume you dont adjust the 'dwell' or 'bps' by name, but rather you adjust a variety of other setting to achieve the desired outcome of adjusting bps/dwell (kind of like with the e-1 or e-2 boards)?

Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #38 (permalink)

There is an app called "bluno remote" where you can set up the connection and what variables you want to manipulate in the program. What you call things is up to you and the bits controlled by this interface are 'behind the scenes'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcorbLBr6G4

https://evothings.com/writing-your-f...er-by-dfrobot/

Last edited by Marker Engineer; 02-19-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Marker Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
Baller

With living legends coming up, and my annodizer falling through, ive been inspired to at least assemble my timmy.

In the interest of at least getting it functional, im going to be making a aimple bracket to hold the smav in place so that the trigger can actuate it directly. Ill work on the mechanism when i can, but i just want to get something up and going to test the lines out.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Baller

Well i finished the basic cage for the SMAV-3, and got it all put together. At first, it was working well, but leaking like a civ because i didnt use thread sealer... so i used thread sealer... and then the SMAV started sticking.

Like the geniouious that I am, i decided to open up the SMAV to check the o-rings. Bad idea. These things arent meant to be serviced. Short story shorter, i have 2 SMAV-3s being priority shipped to me. Will troubleshoot when they arrive.

On the plus side, i was able to hold the trigger down and the intimidator was NOT venting. I think the QEVs were helping the poppit push the ram back into the sleeve.

If the new SMAV also sticks, im just going to cycle tons of oil through the timmy... cuz thats something i can do now

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions