mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 09-11-2017, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

D.I.Y. Mirror Sight

Hi,
here iīve build me a mirror sight for testing if itīs may something for me !?!?!?

I used double mirrorīs so there is no side switch by the mirror !!!

If ... shure iīm gonna build a housing for, may i use some bigger mirrors too etc. First it Needs to be trained, the handle of the marker 90° turned + the scope like aiming. But human is a "Gewohnheitstier"(german) so that means if you go use it often you will get trained with and at the end you go think itīs like normal using !!!

Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Even if you'd JUST shown that to me, I'd try to get the ref to hassle you for blind firing.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Cool idea, but that's considered blind firing. ^^
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks, do i understand right ??? that "blind fire" means, that you would shoot without knowing where your Barrel is aimnig at, over, around something etc. ???

I didnīt knew that rule cause iīm more Woodsballer. Just would be used if the Situation is good for using it and time is also enough too, to use !!!
Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Don't get me wrong, it's cool and practical. All I'm saying is that if I just saw a marker sticking out, I'd bitch.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Our local blind firing rule originates in the idea that if you shoot without looking, you will hit the ref.

Technically, a mirrored sight is aimed and not blind firing. However, in the hands of the average meathead, a mirrored sight is an excuse for blind firing. I would expect that a field might let you use it until someone abuses the privilege, or someone complains that it is unfair.

I think it would be fun to try out, but when we find a blind firing marker we usually coat it with paint. In mixed company, it would be hard to tell if the marker was being aimed or not. It would be a funny game for everyone to have a mirrored sight.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydercam View Post
Thanks, do i understand right ??? that "blind fire" means, that you would shoot without knowing where your Barrel is aimnig at, over, around something etc. ???
While it's technically not "blind", they still wouldn't let you use it for the same reason you couldn't just strap your marker to a ROV and operate it from the parking lot.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
While it's technically not "blind", they still wouldn't let you use it for the same reason you couldn't just strap your marker to a ROV and operate it from the parking lot.
I went to a field that allowed a guy to use his Amazon-bought riot shield. We all hated that guy. The most obnoxious part was when he'd just find a corner and wall himself in. Since it was plexiglass, he argued that he should be allowed to just hoist his barrel over the edge and spray. The field rules were "critical hits only" (head, neck and torso).

Old 09-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

IMO and not trying to be a dick.

While your ingenuity and creation skills deserve praise, maybe that effort would be better spent not trying to create something to subvert the rules of the game.

Arguing that it's not "technically" blind firing would be like me arguing that superman diving to wipe a chest hit off isn't technically wiping because the ground wiped it not me... Actions like that are just attempts to gain an unfair advantage over your opponent. If you can't beat them fair, build something to make an advantage? Just doesn't seem ethically right. I'm not a smart person so hopefully this was understood. I had trouble putting my pants on the right way today. Real world struggles continue

One love everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Why so serious?

Ebay, camocow200 (1390) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (640) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions