mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Slide frame Rainmaker, final version (I think)

I changed the front block setup around a little, and I think this will be the final configuration. Now I just need to save up for a nice Cerakote job.

I've built a home-brew front block, which allows me to configure it closer to a Cocker. My end goal was to make something that would let me use as many off the shelf parts as possible, in case I need to buy components in the future - the only things that are not really stock would be the timing rod, which has been cut shorter and re-bent at the trigger end (I don't have a 5-40 die to recut the other end of the rod), and the 3-way mounting position... I also don't have the correct tap for a 3-way, so I removed the threads and have a setscrew holding the 3-way body in.

The vertical adapter is an Automag VASA, which has been drilled and tapped for 1/8" NPT at the top where the VASA screw would normally go, and torqued onto a 1/8" NPT nipple against the front block. Hopefully this prevents anything from breaking, something I worried could happen with a conventional Minicocker VASA. I don't generally play hard enough that something like that could happen but it never hurts to be pro-active.

Other mods include a capped and bored out HPR, a modded Piranha VTS bolt, antifriction mods, Rocket valve, etc. I'll need to get some more numbers after all these mods, but it was shooting 270ish at around 260psi input.

And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 10-28-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Baller

That is just lovely!

*Drooool*

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

After the front block mod, it took me a while to figure out what changed. The slider and three way make a lot of sense and seem normal. I'll be interested in the testing.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
After the front block mod, it took me a while to figure out what changed. The slider and three way make a lot of sense and seem normal. I'll be interested in the testing.
The original version was this....

It's not a huge difference, just some different arranging of components, but I like the setup.

It was working fine in it's previous incarnation, I just wasn't happy with the setup... so I went back to the drawing board with what I had left over from another project and this is what I came up with.

If I had a mill it would probably look different yet again.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 10-30-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Looks amazing great end product
ilivlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It's not a huge difference, just some different arranging of components, but I like the setup.
Oh, by looking "normal" I meant that it looks like it was designed (or grew) that way, like an autococking sterling; not "normal" as in "the same as before."

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Oh, by looking "normal" I meant that it looks like it was designed (or grew) that way, like an autococking sterling; not "normal" as in "the same as before."
That makes more sense than how I read it.

Making it seem normal was my goal... it would be more refined if I had better tools but for a Sawzall, drill press, and files, it turned out ok.

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 11-02-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thumbs up on your project.
NONOBLITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Very, very cool.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions