mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

I like where you're going with this
Smart idea to separate the two ports and use the VASA for an inlet
I have a Trinity reg extender/gauge port mine, you might try and find one,it's save you the hassle of tapping the VASA
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Thank you.

I'm gonna stick with the automag vasa. Simple, and one piece. I'm going to cut off the ears(maybe just one), turn it 90 degrees and drill it to use the factory pmr screw. The original output hole will face forward to mount the mav-2. That will also help me align it properly, to drill and tap for the pump guide. Then I can either pin it (if I cut both ears)to keep it from turning, or keep one ear and fit it around the front lip of the body.

When I first started looking into this, I was thinking to make a guide with an eyelet (O---- like this) and put it between the top of the vasa and the body. After settling on the mav-2 for the pump actuation, and figuring out almost nothing will thread into the stock vasa, I tossed that idea.

The rest of my parts should show up in the next few days. I'll probably tap the holes I can today and maybe start my pump handle. I did a couple out of spectraply for two of my other pumps and I have some with black/red left over. I think that'll match nicely on this one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Well I got the pieces for the pump handle glued together.
Second pic is to show the kind of effect you get when shaping(not my work).

Last edited by Macdave06; 04-15-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Got my frame and asa in today. Lining things up to see what I've got to work with. Going through one of my hardware bins I found a stainless guide pin of some sort, so that's gonna be my pump guide. I'll be making up something to attach to the mav to the pump handle. Probably a tube with set screws. That will also limit the travel so the pump handle doesn't just slide off.

I think with the asa I should be able to just cut a flat spot in the back and the frame will keep it from twisting.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
TFGPB

I did a sorta pump Ion with a very similar pneumatics arrangement years ago, worked great. For a pump arrangement, you really only need two 2-way valves, no need for a 3-way in the system anywhere. Not that you can't, it does also give you the option to switch to semi operation without additional parts if desired.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
I did a sorta pump Ion with a very similar pneumatics arrangement years ago, worked great. For a pump arrangement, you really only need two 2-way valves, no need for a 3-way in the system anywhere. Not that you can't, it does also give you the option to switch to semi operation without additional parts if desired.
Right. It just needs something to bleed out the air. I went with the Smav-3 more out of familiarity.

Little update

Old 03-31-2018, 07:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Little more of an update. Got my mav but somehow I ended up with a mav-2 (10-32 input) instead of the mav-2p(1/8npt input). So I have to reorder that. But I may end up using both 2-ways with a tee instead.

Last edited by Macdave06; 04-02-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Another update. STILL waiting on the correct mav-2p. BUT, I did get the holes drilled and tapped for the frame, bolt input and to plug the feed port. Built a trigger and modified the frame to fit the mav-2. I'm gonna set the Smav-3 aside for another possible project.IMAG0250.jpgIMAG0252.jpgIMAG0254.jpg
Old 04-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Tinkerer

OK, so it's ALMOST ready to test.
Valves mounted up front and in the frame. Fittings in (need to change the hoses)
Frames mounted (Trigger needs some set screws and pin).
Cleaned up and shaped the pump handle some more.
The mav-2 is held in the frame with 4 4-40 set screws(2 per side)
The mav-2p up front is obviously threaded into the VA and locked to the front block via 2 4-40 set screws (top and bottom)

I got my fittings from Palmer's and ordered the hose at the same time. Didn't realize it was the hard type for push connects so I have to order some more. Trying to figure out if hi flow Timmy hose (5/64id?) will fit my (3/32) fittings. I'm assuming the Timmy hi flow barbs are 3/32.

Updated pic.IMAG0278.jpg

Last edited by Macdave06; 04-15-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

You made my heart skip a beat!

I've been holding onto an '07 PMR that is in pretty good shape except for the busted rod in the solenoid. I bought it used and it lasted maybe a handful of games. When it broke, it broke my heart with it. Dye didn't even stock the solenoids by the time I needed it.

I'm super interested to see if you can get this working! I'd love to see this marker find a second life!

Your wood work and metal work look phenomenal, buy the way!
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions