mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 09-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

New to DP G4

I'm fixen to recieve a DP G4 in the mail tomorrow used. The owner says he has fixed the bolt stick problem. Is there anything else I need to look out for in this marker. I heard you are not allowed to dry fire them because you can blow the selanoid. I'm thinking about getting a new bolt have a barrel already and might wanna upgrade the board any ideas on what to buy. I own a mini few ions ion xe sp1 and just got this in a trade so wanna see how it is any help would be nice.
sooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

You'll still experience bolt stick if you don't grease the bolt before every outing with it. The TechT bolt is a great upgrade but just like all spools, you still need to grease it frequently. As far as boards go, the factory board is more than enough but if you must have an oled board, then go with the Ape board. The only issue you might run into is leaking macroline fittings, don't fight them just replace them. You'll be safe to dry fire it, that is preposterous that it will blow out the solenoid. One more reminder, when you degass it, the hpr will still have a shot or two of air in it so he sure to fire a few shots after turning the air off.

Last edited by Phoenix01; 09-29-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

Ill test it out tomorrow and see how it shoots then decide if I need to upgrade. I heard about the leaks from the fittings. I have a few so I'm good on those.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would just go ahead and pull the bolt, clean it and regrease it. Dow 33 will be the best to use.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

Sweet I have a few tubes of that. I use Dow on my mini and ions
Old 09-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

The bolt stick problem, at least from the factory is because of the lube DP uses. It is too thick, and honestly I think it has some mild swelling properties. That combined with just too much applied from factory assembly caused so many out of the box bolt stick problems.

Other bolt stick problems can simply be that someone put too much Dow 33 on the o-rings, just a mild amount is needed. The other reason could be that they used Dow 55 on them and the o-rings swelled. At that point it is best to replace them.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

Ok so got it in today and a small leak down the barrel changed a oring and lubber it up and it stopped the leak and wow this thing shoots nice. Gonna put it to the test tomorrow when I get off work so I can shoot it during the day.

I like it so far. Light tight and easy to move around. Already have a couple of barrels the stock board is good for me now till I get to know the gun and board better. Gonna wait till I use it in a few games till I decide to upgrade the bolt. I was iffy on the trade because of people's complaints but it's mainly user error just like ions.

I Love ions but people hate them. I have a ion that can out shoot many high priced markers and strait too plus it's quite.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear that the leak was a simple fix and that it is shooting nicely for you. I fine tuned my b-i-l's trigger for him, you can really dial it down for barely any pull. It is a shame that DP had such horrible quality control and follow up to correcting the two most well known out of the box issues with them. If it weren't for those two things, I'm willing to bet people would like the G4 way more
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

I know after all I heard I was scared to trade for it but had nothing to loose. I'm glad I did now. I'm gonna fiddle around with it get to know it better and then start tuning it nice stock. The only thing I'm gonna change quick is the bolt.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power