mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
- Local 18 IUEC -

RAPSII on/off problems

I just installed a brand new RAPSII asa on my pump and the second time I aired it up it blew an oring. Has anyone had this problem? Pretty annoying having a gun down on the third game. I read that it'll be fine if turned on slowly but I guess not. And I heard these take 007 sized orings?
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wd3d

I use these on most of my markers. They can be a little bit of a pain. They do not take a .007 orings. They are a special size and I have only found them from D P directly, even though some of the o ring suppliers say they carry them. But every time i have bought them they were wrong size. I found that a little lube on the ring helps .

Pump Ion conversion pics
wd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Make sure the purge/vent hole on the top of the ASA isn't being blocked either. The first gen RAPS on my G3 blows through o-rings all the time. My sniper with a second gen however still has the original o-ring . Just call up DP directly and they'll give you the right o-rings.
2KZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking63 View Post
I just installed a brand new RAPSII asa on my pump and the second time I aired it up it blew an oring. Has anyone had this problem? Pretty annoying having a gun down on the third game. I read that it'll be fine if turned on slowly but I guess not. And I heard these take 007 sized orings?
This typically happens when the vent hole is being blocked. Slide the RAPS either back or forward just a tad and give it another try.

And, yes, the correct size is a standard -007. However, you may be much better off if you get them in a 90 buna instead of the more common 70 buna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd3d View Post
I use these on most of my markers. They can be a little bit of a pain. They do not take a .007 orings. They are a special size and I have only found them from D P directly, even though some of the o ring suppliers say they carry them. But every time i have bought them they were wrong size. I found that a little lube on the ring helps .
Not true at all. The correct size is an industry standard - AS568B-007 (AKA a standard -007). I have actually purchased them from at least 2 different o-ring suppliers and never had an issue. However, as I stated above, it is better to get them in a harder buna. I use 90 buna ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZX2 View Post
Make sure the purge/vent hole on the top of the ASA isn't being blocked either. The first gen RAPS on my G3 blows through o-rings all the time. My sniper with a second gen however still has the original o-ring . Just call up DP directly and they'll give you the right o-rings.
This is correct ^^^
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power