mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 12-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
APE Rampage Board Settings for Threshold

My Secret Santa was nice enough to get me a DP Threshold with an APE Rampage board. I'm trying to learn everything I can about it and I've already downloaded the stock manual. However, since this gun has an APE board (V1.0 on the PCB), the section on dip switches does not apply to this gun. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the APE manual to adjust settings? I want to make sure that I can disable ramping for walk-on days when it's not allowed.

Edit: I found what I was looking for.

Last edited by JonM; 12-06-2017 at 03:24 PM.
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

- Congrats on getting a Threshy. I assume you got a PDF file of the manual.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
- Congrats on getting a Threshy. I assume you got a PDF file of the manual.
Yep. Although only half of the original manual applies to it since both the board and the engine have been upgraded. I've been able to dig up the manuals for both the gun and the board.

From what I can see, the all black Threshys aren't very common either.

One question I have is about the HPR. My Ninja 68/4500 is shimmed for use with my Automag. Will it be safe to use with this gun or should I remove the shim? I know the HPR should technically throttle the pressure down. I just don't know if it will be able to reliably keep up - especially since Threshys can be pressure sensitive.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ideally, mid-pressure tank output is best for them. It should be fine with what you have (since it isn't much over a regular HP output) but the higher the pressure, the harder the marker's HPR needs to work.

As for how rare it is......hard to say since there are a lot of owners that did parts swaps on them. I don't recall DP putting out the all black as an option so I'm thinking that yours was probably swapped (red for black or gold for black is my guess).

If you need it, I'm pretty sure I have the o-ring sizes for the TechT engine somewhere. Otherwise, the stock manual and the APE board manual is more than sufficient to keep it running fine. The TechT engine works similarly to the stock engine with the exception that the dump valve parts are reversed - the opening is static (bolt stop) and the stem moves (bolt head tail) on the TechT whereas the opening (bolt head) moves and the stem (back cap) is static on the stock. Otherwise, same general functioning idea and o-rings on the bolt heads perform the same function for both.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power