mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

To the pump players...

Hey guys!

After playing for roughly 2 years now and the loving owner of a T2 I have to ask about a strange thing I'm having difficulty grasping. When I began playing I knew my style already was to be silent, And efficient. So naturally I kept away from electros and went more into mech. After getting into pump with a T2 after trying trilogies and MVPs I have seen more and more fellow pump players say they commit to it and don't really use any other gun.

My question is how the hell do you guys do this? lol. Not to be a hypocrite but I pre-ordered a drone 2 but that idea was to run it with a 13ci tank and a gravity hopper or least no pods as that is how I play no matter the gun. I just get tired of not being able to keep heads down or being outgunned sometimes. Am I just in denial? What are your thoughts on this...vibe?

Thanks!
Christofolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hey man,

I play with a single shot bolt action most of the time. The key to success is this: have fun. Do whatever makes you happy. For me that's the single shot. The other thing I do is play to my strengths. Don't try and put heads down. Try to keep heads up so you can shoot them lol. Work on that first shot accuracy. It's your biggest asset. If you can't hit a dude because your too far away or don't have a good angle, move to something that improves those two conditions. If I can't hit a dude in 5 or so shots normally I decide to move to make life easier.

Remember, the more fun you have, the more you want to do it and improve it.

Cheers bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

For sure, I love how I have sniped people so nasty and nobody has yet to hear my shots when they catch em..I am effectively a very mobile sniper as I don't sit back. What I want to do with the drone is run lightweight and still be able to snipe with the option of fending off people with higher fire rates as in my area its mostly electro players.

That'll mean I'd have to sideline the T2 for a bit...and I'll miss it...fml lol. Pretty neat you use single shot bolt action though, how is that?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I play with a sniper 75% of the time and I have been playing pump for the vast majority of my "career". But I like playing any form of paintball. From paint flinging electros to slingshots. It really depends on the day for me or the crowd that shows up to the field. I own dozens of guns and bounce around from one to the other and back again. But my pumps usually see the most field time probably because that's just what I am used to and I feel comfortable with them.

Honestly stick with your T2 for a bit and get some more field time with it and you will be fine. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with having an electro in the bag because... Electros are fun sometimes

Use, play with, and collect what you like and have fun

FYI: USPS Flatrate IS the same price when shipping to Alaska.
Marbo40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nerd

Just do what makes you happy. Everyone's sweet spot is a little different, nothing wrong with that.

My personal Goldilocks zone is a stick feed and small (8 or 13ci) tank, mostly but not exclusively pump. But if yours is a hopper, or single shots, power to you.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
WTB: 007 Challenger
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

I find the easiest way to "keep heads down" is to take people out. Group of 3 guys, you smoke one of em. The other 2 are gonna be a little spooked and probably go for cover. That's when you run to get an angle. They want to start a firefight, wait for a chance to move (or shoot me out) that's my personal preference. I also find being up close and in your face works pretty well for pump too (yet again just me)

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Aye, What gets me out of my element is when the momentum is lost and turns into a shootout where nobody can move anywhere. I start to burn ammo trying to snap shoot people and will usually get out flanked due to one side collapsing.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofolo View Post
For sure, I love how I have sniped people so nasty and nobody has yet to hear my shots when they catch em..I am effectively a very mobile sniper as I don't sit back. What I want to do with the drone is run lightweight and still be able to snipe with the option of fending off people with higher fire rates as in my area its mostly electro players.

That'll mean I'd have to sideline the T2 for a bit...and I'll miss it...fml lol. Pretty neat you use single shot bolt action though, how is that?

It's a ton of fun. It's all I really end up playing with most of the time...my poor dsp and CCM sit neglected. Some guys thinks it's crazy that I play big games/against electros/etc... But it really isn't crazy. I Don't worry about what other guys are shooting. Just me and having fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback

Last edited by Slappadapink; 03-29-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I love the skill that pump play brings to the game. slows the game down and makes it so much more fun than just running in and burning paint. Frankly to me nothing beats firing off one round from a great angle and just smacking a guy upside the head then having him yell HIT! while at the same time looking around with a WTF?! look on his face because he had no idea where the shot came from.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Aw man I remember you! How's it going lol..still shooting outta that cute bag of yours?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone