mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Can you imagine Gurnsey trying to build this game front the ground up in 2017? Never happen!

I'm glad this is apparently maybe finally wrapped up. Now we'll see if Cossio's doom and gloom about insurance costs will come to pass, or if the markets will find a way
The funny thing is, there has been insurances companies covering FSR the whole time. One of my local fields even saved money when they switched to someone that covered FSR...
Old 10-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have a unibody phantom I might dremel for single loads.....I have too many projects as it is.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

PPS Fan
All of the talk about those damn insurance companies covering or not covering FSRs makes me wonder if anyone in the industry has considered putting together a specialty lines company to underwrite fields, rather than relying on the existing specialty lines companies that maybe employ a paintball SME (subject matter expert) if we're lucky. Or maybe such paintball specialized underwriting company already exists but I'm just unaware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Just covering paintball is already a specialty line.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
Just covering paintball is already a specialty line.
Correct, but most specialty line insurers will cover a variety of things rather than just one industry. For instance the sister company to the one that I work for covers a ton of stuff, like Zoos, Carnivals, Motocross events, and a ton of other specialty risks. I work for a commercial agribusiness insurer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
work on points for style

Send a message via AIM to Bleeds Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeds

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
I'd post this as news but cannot due to a lack of color.

"We at First Strike are very excited to announce that ASTM International F1979-10 “Projectiles used in the sport of Paintball” including shaped paintballs has been approved and published!!!

We would like to thank everyone involved at the ASTM including all the F08 Main committee and F08.24 Paintball subcommittee who helped move this through over the last few years. We would also like to thank all the vocal retailers, field owners and players who joined ASTM to let their voice be heard through votes. An additional thank you to all the retailers, field owners and players who took the time to write, email and call subcommittee members with testimonials about how shaped projectiles have changed the sport for the better.

This is an important 1st step into wider acceptance of shaped projectiles at all our local fields and stores, but remember the battle isn’t over. There has been years of bad information disseminated that needs to be debunked. Our players and game promoters have done a great job discussing the benefits of rounds like FSR and of Magfed paintball in general. All that grassroots support has proven to be critical for success as more fields and games are embracing shaped projectiles and magfed than ever before. There is too many to mention by name, but to all the leading game organizers, players, fields, stores and distributors who have helped to mold Magfed into what is is today, THANK YOU!

Finally a big thank you to David Cady, David Williams and Lou Arthur for providing crucial independent data that proved invaluable as the safety aspects of the shaped paintballs were discussed.
Please reach out to us via messenger or sales@first-strike.com with any questions you may have or help you may need in your area.

I encourage everyone to give themselves a round of applause for this momentous occasion.
Thank you,
Ben Larson
Director of Sales
First Strike"

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."

Quote:
"Booman246: The bore drop has a (Delrin?) penis on it that shoves the ball.
Bleedsmarinara: ...yeah. You could say it literally f*cks the ball into position."
Bleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Pumper

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
I'd post this as news but cannot due to a lack of color.
Here ya go!

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...-approval.html

Feedback
m0n0mana is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone