mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Getting out sales.....

You always see the getting out sales. I remember once I had a getting out sale. Wish I never sold one of the markers. All the money I made.... lasted 3 days and I was buying more paintball stuff again. Today I have more paintball stuff then I did then.

Never again. I wonder how many people sell there stuff and realize they still want to play...

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'd like to think it's about 60-70% that at least regret giving up a certain marker and probably about the same that eventually come back to playing again lol.
CoyoteTrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had a getting out sale in about 2007, but I was young and broke then and I don't regret selling any of that stuff.

I think there's quite a lot of young people in the same boat.

I've never been that into paintball for the game, I've always been more focused on tinkering, though. so I modify a gun until I'm done with it, then kinda move on.
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The getting out sales are like those liquidation store that is ''going out of business'' year round.

:P

Le Renard Youtube Channel
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariel View Post
I've never been that into paintball for the game, I've always been more focused on tinkering, though. so I modify a gun until I'm done with it, then kinda move on.
Went through over 100+ markers feeding that monster. Finally cut it down to only the essential 7 I needed to play once a year.

Author of the novel, Sevens.

Flintlock Rifle
Drops/rails and gauges for sale

My feedback for SCP, the phog, PBR, MCB,, AO, and PB nation.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Went through over 100+ markers feeding that monster. Finally cut it down to only the essential 7 I needed to play once a year.
Seven guns or seven brands?

-

Un2XS Feedback

The (Infamous) Woodsball Manifesto by Rob "Tyger" Rubin

Real heros don't wear spandex. - Mel Gibson

Nothing is impossible. Some things just take longer. - David Chase
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Has too much crap

Yup, I did that whole stupid "quitting" sale thing too about two years ago. I am mad about it because I let so much stuff go for such sacreligiously low prices, and just gave a bunch more away. But, I am consoled by the fact that nothing I had was rare or unique, just all generic. But, I wish I could get back the tipx I sold in that purge... it was the first of now 16 I've owned and it was the one I was most attached to. It was somehow incredibly efficient too. A few times I got 6 mags out of one 12 gram. But, I don't know the serial number and I can't find the guy I sold it to. It's the one in my sig picture, except at the time of selling it had a sour apple ans gear barrel block and plug, and it still had the lapco .687 in the picture. I sold it with just that gun, a parts kit, and a gen 1 zeta all in the tippmann case. Anyone know where it is?

Last edited by smiffington; 06-27-2016 at 10:18 PM.
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

I never thought of that. So what percentage of people who post a getting out sale thread are "going out of business year round" sales.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
The getting out sales are like those liquidation store that is ''going out of business'' year round.

:P

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

I did a small "temporarily getting out" sale locally a few years back. I knew I was gonna get back out and play, but didn't have the money too, and bills were due, so I sold all the non-essentials to make ends meet. All my markers got sold, as well as unneeded gear from when I had upgraded, but my mask, jersey, pants, pack, mask and tank stayed. I kept thinking back to my good friend Jrock when I was selling some of my favorite markers. He had bought an Angel LCD brand new, custom anno, pearl grips, everything you could think of doing to an Angel. He used it for years, it was his pride and joy. I remember him telling me he needed money for rent, but didn't have enough to buy it off of him, so he sold it locally to a player for below market value. A few months later, I got word from his girlfriend that he passed due to a heart attack in his early 30's, never being able to get his pride and joy back. I know it's just a material item, and we can't take it with us when we leave this world, but watching a friend go through that, and never seeing closure and watching him get upset everytime he remembered selling it made my heart break.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Balls can explode

I wish I had a getting out sale the last three times I took a hiatus. I had so much gear stolen from me it still makes me upset to this day. Crappy neighborhoods and crappier friends, but we all live and learn a little. Honestly it's my belief that anyone that was ever into the game will never be "100% clean", and should at least keep their favorite marker for possible future games or as an heirloom. At least I should have lol.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone