mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
King of Low-End
 
kevin qmto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Louis Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
Two, silica gel is a desiccant that absorbs water, not oxygen. I'm sure you knew that, and it was just one of those slips that you didn't catch in editing.
Oh I know, I no longer live at that address so I'm not too worried, this was filmed a while ago as I'm sure people can tell by the game footage looking like summer time.

2nd yeah I had a moment about the silica packets.
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Speaking as once a field owner, the main reason ketchup-red fill balls aren't common is because it looks too much like blood.

Fine for the player, not so fine for the field owner and refs.

At my field, years ago, a kid brought a box of blood-red SuperBall. And I mean blood red- this stuff could have passed for fake blood in any horror movie.

We don't know this, as our field was BYOP and the kid didn't exactly announce it, but I'm at my check-in table after one of the first games of the day, and this player comes walking out with a huge bloodstain on his bare leg, which has run down and stained his sock.

My first thought was he'd gotten cut or stabbed by something out on the field, and rush over with a roll of paper towels and our first-aid kit.

Yeah, it all wiped off, and the player barely even had a mild welt. But for the rest of the day, me, the co-owner of the field, and our refs, were constantly kept in a mild state of panic when we'd see "blood" dripping out of some kid's ear, a big "bloodstain" on another players back, a wad of "bloody" paper towels on one of the tables, etc.

No, thank you. If I were still a field owner today, and my field was BYOP, I would absolutely NOT allow ketchup-red paint, under ANY circumstances.

A good field needs to maintain a fun, safe playing environment, and the owner and referees need to be able to watch for injuries, and attend to them immediately if they occur. Getting a bunch of "false positives" from blood-red paint doesn't help- it annoys the refs and owner, and possibly leads to delays in attending to an actual injury.

It's not a good PR thing for your local field, either, when the players come back from it covered in "blood".

Doc.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
Red paint seems like a fun idea. Iím surprised more bigger milsim games donít offer it. Would make the experience that much more real.
I remember someone brought a couple cases of it with them a while back and the guy running the field flipped out. Literally yelling at them about how red paint is illigal and only for military use. It was intresting I felt bad for the kids cuz they obviously didnít know better. Then again they ended up being a bunch of *** hats running with Walmart spyder s not calling hits and over shooting. So I guess preemptive karma haha.

Awsome video canít wait for the upcoming reviews.
In the early days, red paint was very popular. But for all the reasons Doc mentioned above, it was essentially banned from all commercial fields. It's too hard to manage with essentially anonymous customers (i.e. the staff doesn't know them personally). Even between friends I had a scare that red paint impacted. I shot a friend in the ear (before ear protection was required) and it took us several minutes to sort out whether or not there was any actual cutting/blood, he had enough pain to justify the investigation, that's for sure.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Used2B Bigbthebenji
 
PaintballDNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles

My wife does not like when I use red balls on her.
__________________
FEEDBACK!

PaintballDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk
 
Jahnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake Saint Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
My wife does not like when I use red balls on her.
How does she feel about the blue?
__________________
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
William the Third's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: WNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin qmto View Post
Oh I know, I no longer live at that address so I'm not too worried
Oh... well... wish I'd known that sooner. There's going to be some seriously confused people at that address who are wondering why some random stranger sent them a jar of mayonnaise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
My wife does not like when I use red balls on her.
So shave them.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lil Rhody

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
So shave them.
They'll still be red, just different kind of red.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Sudden Impact Event Guy
 
Ninjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Speaking as once a field owner, the main reason ketchup-red fill balls aren't common is because it looks too much like blood.

Fine for the player, not so fine for the field owner and refs.

At my field, years ago, a kid brought a box of blood-red SuperBall. And I mean blood red- this stuff could have passed for fake blood in any horror movie.

We don't know this, as our field was BYOP and the kid didn't exactly announce it, but I'm at my check-in table after one of the first games of the day, and this player comes walking out with a huge bloodstain on his bare leg, which has run down and stained his sock.

My first thought was he'd gotten cut or stabbed by something out on the field, and rush over with a roll of paper towels and our first-aid kit.

Yeah, it all wiped off, and the player barely even had a mild welt. But for the rest of the day, me, the co-owner of the field, and our refs, were constantly kept in a mild state of panic when we'd see "blood" dripping out of some kid's ear, a big "bloodstain" on another players back, a wad of "bloody" paper towels on one of the tables, etc.

No, thank you. If I were still a field owner today, and my field was BYOP, I would absolutely NOT allow ketchup-red paint, under ANY circumstances.

A good field needs to maintain a fun, safe playing environment, and the owner and referees need to be able to watch for injuries, and attend to them immediately if they occur. Getting a bunch of "false positives" from blood-red paint doesn't help- it annoys the refs and owner, and possibly leads to delays in attending to an actual injury.

It's not a good PR thing for your local field, either, when the players come back from it covered in "blood".

Doc.
As a field manager i cant state enough how much this is true.

Red paint is awful and dangerous.
Ninjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ballin Since 2001
 
Tubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NOR CAL

^ +1
Tubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017

Nelson appears to be shipping black-shell paintballs too. Haven't seen those in years. May have to order some.
__________________
I hated GI before it was cool.
mc702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Used2B Bigbthebenji
 
PaintballDNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
How does she feel about the blue?
Colorblind here, so I call em purple balls. Kind of what I imagine barney deals with on account of his short arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
.

So shave them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
They'll still be red, just different kind of red.
This man gets it.
__________________
FEEDBACK!

PaintballDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC