mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Does anyone know Jared at Destructive Customs? I need some help.

Hey guys,

I've been out of paintball lately. Life has been keeping me super busy and I haven't had the time to mess with it.

I had a project that I sent to Jared at DC. I figured while I was taking a break I could put the money I would have spent on playing toward a gun.

He was very responsive before he got my gun. Once the gun arrived his responses drastically slowed. Now they have basically (with the exception of one reply) stopped.

I have even offered to send him money + shipping costs to return my gun but nothing...

I know some guys on the forums know him, or know someone who does. Could you guys possibly help me get my gun back? I'm worried I'm never going to see it again.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would give the Facebook owners group a shot, he posts in there as do people that work for him occasionally.
Washington reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

if you have been waiting less than two years i doubt you will get any sympathy or help from any of the aka crowd. good luck though. facebook is probably your best bet.
paintballsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

You mean this page?

https://www.facebook.com/DestructiveCustoms/

It doesn't appear very active. I don't see an owners group, but if there is one could you link it?

This is crazy. I don't get why he would take the project if he knew he couldn't get it done. At this point, I just want it back so I can send it to someone else. Even offering to pay him just to mail it back to me isn't getting a response. If it's not back by the end of this semester and I'm still getting silence, I might buy a bus ticket and just show up to the mailing address. It's hardly worth the money, it's just the principle of the thing.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to travis1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
You mean this page?

https://www.facebook.com/DestructiveCustoms/

It doesn't appear very active. I don't see an owners group, but if there is one could you link it?

This is crazy. I don't get why he would take the project if he knew he couldn't get it done. At this point, I just want it back so I can send it to someone else. Even offering to pay him just to mail it back to me isn't getting a response. If it's not back by the end of this semester and I'm still getting silence, I might buy a bus ticket and just show up to the mailing address. It's hardly worth the money, it's just the principle of the thing.
PM me your email address on facebook. I believe its a closed group. "Akalmp Owners Group" is the name of it

Evil Ehm Build
travis1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Hey guys,

So Jared finally got back to me a few days ago and confirmed exactly what I wanted done. He sent me a photo last night of the progress and before I could even email him back, he actually called to clarify a few things about the milling. So it appears most of the milling it done. He has two more minor cuts to do, a small custom piece to fabricate, and he will be finished.

I don't know if he say this thread, if someone told him about it, or if it's just a coincident, but things appear to be progressing. I'm hoping that now he has done most of the work, he will have the incentive to quickly finish to be paid.

I greatly appreciate the help that was offers by you all. I knew i could count on y'all homies! Hopefully I won't need it now though

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone