mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Daddy

What is this “Grey ghost” I keep hearing so much about!?

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
What is this “Grey ghost” I keep hearing so much about!?
There is an original ghost and a "new" ghost from 2006-whenever they stopped production, mine is 2008. Last pic in my last post. Basically a fine tuned nelson made by Lapco. Major upgrade is the inclusion of a detent. It is the only marker I've ever owned that has been 100% reliable.

https://www.vintagerex.com/museum/La...st%202006.html
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I tend to always have a good time when I use my Phantom or my springfed pro/carbine.

As I play magfed there are some games that are "magfed purist" games in which I have to use my TMC (soon to be replaced by a Ghost Flanker Dam'd automag).

Of the magfed purist games I have the most fun with the TMC at Zero Hour at Capital Combat Zone - for that game I always make sure to have an APEX equipped as 90 some odd percent of the structures at CCZ do not have roofs :-D.

Roundball at a MFOG is generally only an advantage over FSR when you can drop shots on people's heads.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Tippmann 98s do not have problems. You've broken the universe. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
Dang, I was going to give you my thesis outline
"Psycho-Sexual Paintball; an analysis of penile ejaculatory surrogacy in paintball marking devices"
Obake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Daddy

I really need to learn and get good at pump play.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nerd

My markers are pretty interchangible, but I have a couple of vests that I really only wear for big games so I can carry more paint - 250 rounds in tubes rather than 100 or so.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

I've gone through so many guns lately that I don't often use the same one twice. That will be changing, as I'm gun whoring less and whittling down my collection. I spent a lot of time revamping my setup last year, with new pants, new mask, new pod pack, etc. Right now I'm running Planet Eclipse pants, elbow and knee pads from 2011, Virtue VIO mask, and a Laysick magnetic pod pack. In the past I've been running an electric purple hawaiian shirt for woodsball and a really old Smart Parts Ice Burn jersey (ice blue with dark blue flames) for speedball. That said, my team is finalizing a custom jersey order with HK Army right now, so I'll be switching over to that for most applications. I'll use the new MCB jersey from Anthrax any time I'm not playing with my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

For walk on play with rental players I’m often in a white T shirt or bright red Hawaiian shirt. WTF Gauntlet for stock play, 50 round hopper for open class with an extra small pod. If I’m playing electric or mechanical semi I only carry the 200 round hopper. Cap my electric guns at 6 bps.

For big games I ditch the bright red for Hawaiian that’s not quite so bright (too many eyes watching, some days makes stock class more challenging than I’d like). Stock class I ditch the Gauntlet for the PB Mafia Joy Ride to carry an all days supply. Open class I will sometimes go up to a 100 or 200 round hopper. Semi I carry 2 pods and turn the rate of fir up to the field limit.
1shot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Rec woods- stick fed cocker pump with a 13ci / Stock Class Phantom if it’s above 60*

Big games - 50 rounder open class cocker pump. 100 and 140 round setup depends on the game. If there is a Long walk or wait for air and or paint Revvy Standerd pod pack and a 45/45 on an open class pump.

Speedball- 08 ego 1st gen Rotor 68/45

For soft goods 2 Sandana Renagade jursey and 5.11 cargo pants football turf cleats.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Previous Paranoid User

I have a variety of multicam tactical clothing (valken, us army spec, etc) that I change out depending on heat and weather conditions. Always worn with my hand painted multicam e-vents, or my forest cam Proto Switch. Sometimes I even bust out the catchers shin guards if I'm crouching or prone a lot because they save my legs.

As far as markers, the last three times I have played I have brought my cocker pump, my '03 with slider, a tippmann A5, and an Ion because it is my only electro. I change up the marker for every game I play. Sometimes I use the same o0ne for a game every time, sometimes not.

FEEDBACK - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
EBAY FEEDBACK - https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...yer&rmvSB=true
DirtyLoincloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
I like to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I've gone through so many guns lately that I don't often use the same one twice. That will be changing, as I'm gun whoring less and whittling down my collection. I spent a lot of time revamping my setup last year, with new pants, new mask, new pod pack, etc. Right now I'm running Planet Eclipse pants, elbow and knee pads from 2011, Virtue VIO mask, and a Laysick magnetic pod pack. In the past I've been running an electric purple hawaiian shirt for woodsball and a really old Smart Parts Ice Burn jersey (ice blue with dark blue flames) for speedball. That said, my team is finalizing a custom jersey order with HK Army right now, so I'll be switching over to that for most applications. I'll use the new MCB jersey from Anthrax any time I'm not playing with my team.
Wait, there is a MCB Jersey from Anthrax?

Where do I order?!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone