mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Maybe the better layout from an ergonomic standpoint is something more similar to the TS1, with the ball reservoir forward and under the barrel. Might be trickier to run mechanical input from an ion bolt sail forwards, though.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Old boss picked up 10 of them. Took a short video and some pics. Will post when home.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
Old boss picked up 10 of them. Took a short video and some pics. Will post when home.
Sweet!
Marker Collection: 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, azodin kaos-d , smart parts 4x4 sport (project), tfgpb mech sp-1 (project)

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
So I got to shoot it a bit and looked through the manual. I might go down today and tear one apart. Manual makes the innards look like a mech Ion. Bolt has the 2 rear orings like a lvl 7 bolt.

The hopper is in the stock but we all know that, Magnets are nice and strong but not so strong that its hard to open. You have to pre wind it to get a stack going.

It wasn't that weird to shoulder even with a 48 attached.

Since the start I wondered how and where the detent was. Its in a removable top cover that is held on with a small post.

Looks like a reg in the foregrip and not just a gas through, but I'll have to check it out again to confirm/

I took it out to shoot and it wasn't terrible, Out of the box it shoots really straight, More than it should. It felt alright in the hands.

However I did have an issue or two. I broke a few balls, I'm going to chock this up to the cold temperature last night around 8pm here in Vegas and the fact I was using 2 month old custom.

It also struggled to feed every single ball on every single trigger pull. When the hopper is completely full it fed fine but once it got down below half full it seemed to skip much more often. I don't know if this is a tuning issue or a cold weather issue. I think that the hopper auger could be made a bit taller to grab the balls better. I think if they made the auger kind of like the rotor that it would feed better. I also thought the winder was a bit hard to use. You can only click it one click at a time because of how of the winder is exposed. maybe in the future they'll make it so you can spin it a bit better.

Pretty neat and Nicer than I thought it would be. Shoot me questions if you have any since I have easy access to them now lol.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
..... Interesting also that in the time between when this gun was first leaked and now, Eclipse has also announced (and released) its own marker-powered loader system.
Are you referring to the PALS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Raider available now per Facebook
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

It's laughable they think people will use them as rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
It's laughable they think people will use them as rentals.
What makes you say that?
The eNMEy has been quite successful as a fleet gun.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
What makes you say that?
The eNMEy has been quite successful as a fleet gun.
The eNMEy like the original 98 while for different reasons were both a KISS principle design that pretty much any "monkey" with a bit of knowledge could maintain - this - not sure it is on that level

Just a couple of things to consider if using as a rental ...
general maintenance and cleaning - probably not a super big issue but I would want to see someone else use a large number of them for a year+ before I would consider them

Hopper breaks & renters dumping broken paint into the hopper - so how would you clean this easily to get your renter back onto the field ASAP ? would you have to have spare "hoppers" for busy days when the whole fleet is being used? Along with that you "break" the lid, drop in the mud or any number of other issues you normally get over the course of a day let alone a season with the hoppers a few cents or a quick trip to the sink and it is good to go next day ... this not so much. The lid in general plus how well will the magnets and tabs hold up over time and renter abuse?

Since it is "plastic" how well will it hold up to over tightening over time ?

plus putting all the weight of a steely and the paint behind the wrist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
I think that the hopper auger could be made a bit taller to grab the balls better. I think if they made the auger kind of like the rotor that it would feed better. I also thought the winder was a bit hard to use. You can only click it one click at a time because of how of the winder is exposed. maybe in the future they'll make it so you can spin it a bit better.
If this gun proves popular, the 3rd party companies could hopefully step in! C'mon Lapco and TechT , make us some squishy paddles for the Raider! .....and a Raider L6 dual tail oring bolt please!
Marker Collection: 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, azodin kaos-d , smart parts 4x4 sport (project), tfgpb mech sp-1 (project)

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone