mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trekkie

Thoughts on ghillie suits

I see alot of kids I know going out and spending 70 bucks on ghillie suits, with some success and that most people just not using it correctly. They are just running around and thinking they are invincible. What are your thoughts?
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Wear what you want but call your hits.

I have some spec ops action chillin that Iíve never worn but maybe Iíll drag it out and try it out at Spew.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
the oddballer

Rule for ghillie suits in general is a hit it’s a hit even if it dosnt break cuz you have no real way of telling
Color match is key aswell as picking when to move.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trekkie

I mean its less about the ruling but the use of the suit, do you think its worth it
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Automag RT Triple OG

In my opinion, ghillie suits are for two types: newbs that play to much COD and are afraid to play agressive in the woods, and milsim types doing it to up their enjoyment of the game.

Personally, I think they're completely useless against any competent, coordinated opposition. Every time I've played against someone wearing them, they were either spotted before getting a shot off, or eliminated right after being discovered by teamwork. It's paintball, your not posted at the edge of a forrest shooting at someone 500yds+ away across a field. Your engaging most people at 25-80ft. It's just alot harder to effectively blend at that close a range. Plus, you can't hear or see as well, and you overheat easier. One time I flanked a team's position and came up along side a 'sniper' in full ghillie lying on the forest floor. With all the action around us, and him being deaf and blind to his sides, he never even heard me. I stitched about 5-6 balls across the length of him hoping one would actually break and got him out. He took it off for the rest of the day after that!
"He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of the Automag?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Tom Kaye, strong on his mountain!"

Check out my Instagram art page and give me a like!
https://instagram.com/nealg_illustration
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

While the use of ghillie suits are allowed at the field I play at the condition of use is that bounces count as hits. Otherwise the gillie suit being relatively soft and the nature of all the extra fabric causes so many bounces as to make the player almost invincible.

Also ghillie suits canít hide from ďref paint check on player over thereĒ just to give away the ghillie players position.

Ghillie suits in Australian summers are recipe for heat stroke. Between heat stroke and bounces count as hits no one bothers with them any more. 2 cents.
eudaemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Don’t be that guy... seriously tho play how you want but it will be more trouble then it’s worth and call your shots. Some fields don’t allow them for safty reasons people don’t know if you are hiding or you just passed out from heat stroke.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
I stitched about 5-6 balls across the length of him hoping one would actually break and got him out. He took it off for the rest of the day after that!
This is a good reason not to wear one. Getting overshot on your blindside is never acceptable in my mind.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Legit

Your ability to hide far outweighs any advantage the suite will give you. I continue to believe this:

You can hide better in a clown suit holding still than you can in a Gillie suit doing jumping jacks

The only time a Gillie suit is useful is if you are trying to get PAST the enemy team. Hiding and allowing them to come past your position. This however is almost never the case as shooting them is typically the better option

That and every field I have ever been to counts bounces as hits on Gillie suits. If you get into a firefight you might as well just call yourself out because anything that is even in question the ref should call you out on

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Your ability to hide far outweighs any advantage the suite will give you. I continue to believe this:

You can hide better in a clown suit holding still than you can in a Gillie suit doing jumping jacks

The only time a Gillie suit is useful is if you are trying to get PAST the enemy team. Hiding and allowing them to come past your position. This however is almost never the case as shooting them is typically the better option

That and every field I have ever been to counts bounces as hits on Gillie suits. If you get into a firefight you might as well just call yourself out because anything that is even in question the ref should call you out on
Going to echo this. Ghillie suits were developed for open warfare, miles of open terrain, spotting scopes, patrols... At the distances in paintball, even with FSR you need very little camo, the most you need is something on your mask and gun because of the hard edges. Unless you're trying to cross the field undetected or sit in a relatively open area you can get away with pretty much anything and not carry around a rug on your back.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone