mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLINDMAN Pb View Post
I went back to binge his old vids the other day. I have a friend who plays at North Shore, always spoke highly of it.
Who was your buddy? I grew up playing at NSPB actually.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

I’ve always wanted to travel back in time and go play at a Shatnerball event.
Marker Collection: 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag RF classic, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech warped sp-1, tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite, warp feed rainmaker, mech trilogy SF , pro-team gen 2 micromag, be poison.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
King of Low-End

I've never cared for the pretend "hype" the E-celebs bring to events.

I'm not trying to really call out him out here (don't think he's on MCB anyway), and let me preface this little dig with the fact that I think Jon Spaniol is a talented videographer, but I watched him do a very cringeworthy "hype" video at LLX1 at Hells Survivors last year.

Here's what went down: Jon's sitting next to the net, smoking a cig just sitting looking at his phone at the tiki bar, just chilling. Mr. H walks in, makes some small talk, then Jon says "let me drop a snap real quick." Then turns his phone around, presses record, and like a light switch flips on his personality. He starts screaming and smiling and acting like a completely different person while his camera records some distant background action. Yelling all like: "YOOOOO GUYS, LLX1 is CRAZY *** **** mo fos! You gotta be here, get a load of this action!!!! GONNA DROP A NEW VID PRONTO!!! MIXES OFF THE CHAIN!!!" It went on and on... Then he presses the stop button. Goes back to his chair, sit back down and then he was back to being a normal human being. Its all an act. A fake hype act. Made me a little sick to watch personally.
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Send a message via AIM to BigEvil

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third of Five View Post
Sad to say I've met the best, both Bud Orr, and Walz. All I could ever hope for at a paintball game, all I ever expect, as my life is now complete and I can die in peace...
Awesome!, and my sentiments exactly. Having met Bud Orr (and him knowing who I was), Tom Kaye (and having dinner with him), and of course Simon (who is like one of the guys), there is very little that can top that as far as 'meeting people' go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil
We don't want to actually hurt you, we just want to mess with you a bit...
BigEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Paintball needs the ecelebs to promote. As someone who has done it, it is a ton of work. Unpaid for the most part as well. I know some ecelebs get huge money from different people and probably know more about the game than most... But, it is what it is.

It literally grows the sport and I know that for a fact. I have players tell me at every big game I go to that they started playing paintball due to one of my videos. So that is pretty cool and we need more people making awesome content for new players to find so they will try the game.

I've made over 300+ paintball videos. Spent thousands of hours working on promoting the sport, been sponsored for 10 years and didn't even get a single comment on this thread. And I'm here often.

That is about what you get doing "promotion" for our sport...

Not that I really care, but it is a thankless job, and will burn you out like crazy.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Abides

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Bacci is my paintball e-celeb

I've played with Hastings at a few supergame and it was a good time.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Mike from Tech pb was the first biggy for me. Tonnes of useful beginner tips. Too bad he couldn't keep it together.

PaintBorg - Rest in piece.

Kitty - I still love kitty. Too bad she retired. At least we can thank her for FPS Russia and it's ridiculous heyday. And the Kitty Blaster.

Wolf - gotta love someone that actually includes sportsmanship as a key element of highlight reels. Plus he's entertaining.

RussC - Yes, the world needs more Canada... but more RussC. Let's be honest.

Darwin - Diomedes, you know I love you.

Save the paint - My melee baby!

Stock Class Paintball - Manning. "The silent point of doom" TM (The Manning). Gotta respect someone shooting footage AND Sheridans! That golden gun. Dear Lord, I almost cried the first time I saw that, then the murders. Just. So. Deadly!

Infected - How-to's for the who's who. Pistol mayhem. I think anyone that gets a paintball to fire out of a Nerf blaster deserves an achievement ward.

Cory? From Gateway - One of the few consistent and well lit marker tear down resources.

Bacci - Historian of high jinks. Maker of money hats.

Splattttttt and co. - They made that pump documentary. I still think of the woodsball ball bit at the end. It's what made pump desirable to be.

Paintzapper - winning.

Huckleberry - spinning.

Reaper - sinning.

Then there are a tonne of others that I'd give honourable mention. They may not make my personal highlight list, but I appreciate the work that they put into their productions and that they're out there making the sport more visible in a multitude of ways. It is 100% what paintball needs!

As someone that lives "North of the wall," on a "wildling" budget (Game of Thrones) I don't expect to meet any of these groovy people anytime soon. But even if 100% of what someone makes is fake. If it gets kids out to try the sport, that's a win.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
Law
MCB Member

I played a few scenarios that Greg Hasting showed up at Back when fox4 had huge games. I don’t think him being there really made a difference to me, but it did make the game feel more important and larger, which I think made it better. I remember being surprised to see that he was just a normal players in a lot of ways. I also remember him gathering together a bunch of disorganized new players and helping them take back their spawn point, so there’s some game value there having experienced players interacting with new players for sure.

Another day I had a group of kids point at me and say excitedly ‘that’s the guy from the paintball videos!’ (I don’t have any videos really). I think some new players respond to the idea that there are ‘celebrities’ playing with them, it makes a game more special.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
Mike from Tech pb was the first biggy for me. Tonnes of useful beginner tips. Too bad he couldn't keep it together.

PaintBorg - Rest in piece.

Kitty - I still love kitty. Too bad she retired. At least we can thank her for FPS Russia and it's ridiculous heyday. And the Kitty Blaster.

Wolf - gotta love someone that actually includes sportsmanship as a key element of highlight reels. Plus he's entertaining.

RussC - Yes, the world needs more Canada... but more RussC. Let's be honest.

Darwin - Diomedes, you know I love you.

Save the paint - My melee baby!

Stock Class Paintball - Manning. "The silent point of doom" TM (The Manning). Gotta respect someone shooting footage AND Sheridans! That golden gun. Dear Lord, I almost cried the first time I saw that, then the murders. Just. So. Deadly!

Infected - How-to's for the who's who. Pistol mayhem. I think anyone that gets a paintball to fire out of a Nerf blaster deserves an achievement ward.

Cory? From Gateway - One of the few consistent and well lit marker tear down resources.

Bacci - Historian of high jinks. Maker of money hats.

Splattttttt and co. - They made that pump documentary. I still think of the woodsball ball bit at the end. It's what made pump desirable to be.

Paintzapper - winning.

Huckleberry - spinning.

Reaper - sinning.

Then there are a tonne of others that I'd give honourable mention. They may not make my personal highlight list, but I appreciate the work that they put into their productions and that they're out there making the sport more visible in a multitude of ways. It is 100% what paintball needs!

As someone that lives "North of the wall," on a "wildling" budget (Game of Thrones) I don't expect to meet any of these groovy people anytime soon. But even if 100% of what someone makes is fake. If it gets kids out to try the sport, that's a win.
You forgot me. (Link in sig).
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Paintball needs the ecelebs to promote. As someone who has done it, it is a ton of work. Unpaid for the most part as well. I know some ecelebs get huge money from different people and probably know more about the game than most... But, it is what it is.

It literally grows the sport and I know that for a fact. I have players tell me at every big game I go to that they started playing paintball due to one of my videos. So that is pretty cool and we need more people making awesome content for new players to find so they will try the game.

I've made over 300+ paintball videos. Spent thousands of hours working on promoting the sport, been sponsored for 10 years and didn't even get a single comment on this thread. And I'm here often.

That is about what you get doing "promotion" for our sport...

Not that I really care, but it is a thankless job, and will burn you out like crazy.
I respect your work and love your channel, its one of the first things i watched getting into the sport but I dont want to go around saying "hi" to YouTubers on this forum. I noticed you and I am sure others did but im here to talk and ill watch your videos and post comments but on MCB I'll shut my trap because I just dont want to annoy you or embarrass myself

And I do appreciate you making videos

That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone