mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #111 (permalink)
Daddy
 
Riot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT

Fan of EMR
If I’m laying in a pile of leaves with camo on, completely still, the possibility of the enemy walking by me without being noticed is higher than if I’m wearing a bright orange vest, laying completely still, in those same leaves.

I’m not sure who I’m agreeing with because a few of you boys have a hard time making clear points, but... yeah... the concept isn’t exactly rocket science.
__________________
Team Extreme Discharge
-We’re coming for you


My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #112 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist
 
magmoormaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orem, UT

Yeah I think that's the point apamburn is trying to make. Is it necessary? No, especially if you have solid cover to hide behind. Will camo be more effective? Yes. I really don't know how you can argue against that.

Also, the industry about cheese is a red herring and a straw man. The camo industry, especially in the realm of military camo, is all about hiding from other people. If we are hiding from other people in paintball, the same science will apply. Breaking up the outline of person hiding (which is what camo is for) will always help. The range at which certain camos will be effective depends on the type of camo (woodland works far away, but is not detailed enough to work very well at close range).

I used to play in an electric purple Hawaiian shirt. It was pretty much impossible to hide unless I was behind solid cover. If I'm behind an open bush, you'll probably see me. That was fine for me, as I usually wanted to be seen.

Also, your argument of "well, I can hide without camo so it must not matter" is a weak argument. This is both because you're using anecdotal evidence (means nothing in a debate) and because you're suggesting you're suggesting it doesn't work simply because you don't need it.

There is a reason the military uses it. There's a reason hunters use it. There's a reason animals use it. Whether or not you CAN hide without it is irrelevant; it is much easier to hide with it.
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #113 (permalink)
Daddy
 
Riot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT

Fan of EMR
And that ladies and gentleman should complete the debate about whether camouflage exists or not.


Soooo, let’s see some a5 setups.


Anyone on MCB a MG100 tester?
__________________
Team Extreme Discharge
-We’re coming for you


My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #114 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist
 
magmoormaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orem, UT

I believe scougar did/does.
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #115 (permalink)
Trekkie
 
mlzplayer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Oregon

I think there is one more aswell
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood.
My youtube (take it with a grain of salt): Solar eclipse paintball

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
Intermidiate
 
BLINDMAN Pb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017

I always kind of liked the Spyder magfeds. They are affordable, and are able to switch from hopper to magfed on the fly. The stock Spyder mags are expensive, but can be remedied using 3d printed adapters for tippmann mags. The emr5 could go from a full auto 'supressing' role to a first strike 'sniper' role very quickly. All their magfeds can be switched between very quickly.
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #117 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015

This is a cool A5. All of the attachments are functional.

Fight me.

d2c133c6640bfb771e0abd1c5e5ddc5e.jpg
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #118 (permalink)
Daddy
 
Riot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT

Fan of EMR
This is what I was envisioning.


https://youtu.be/1VLnL5GWuTs
__________________
Team Extreme Discharge
-We’re coming for you


My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #119 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
This is what I was envisioning.


https://youtu.be/1VLnL5GWuTs
You'll need first strikes to do something like this.
__________________
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:09 PM   #120 (permalink)
Refugee from TechPB
 
BigReRe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
You'll need first strikes to do something like this.
NEED is a strong word. People used to snipe all the time before FS was invented(They would try, at least). Remember the OSOK forums?
__________________
If every muscle in my body isn't sore the day after paintball; I didn't do it right!
The Great Collective Takeover - Never Forget -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I’m a one man army.
But also, there’s a another guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Now you might be wondering how well this beast from the east shoots. Well, I don’t know. As it stands now, I can’t get the internals back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Chad Thompson isn't the Chuck Norris of paintball. Chuck Norris is the Chad Thompson of the rest of the world.
-Mar at his finest-
-My paintball field map project (currently on hold)-
BigReRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC