mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

hypothetical bob long mech

ok, so all the big names have out a mech spoolie right now except field one.

i'm just musing here, but if they released one tomorrow, i would want to see:
same cam drive asa
same hoseless configuration
maybe a slightly taller feedneck like the adrenaline shockers
their new acculock LITE kit offered with it in its cheapest form (i just bought one, and cant wait to try it out, funny for me, 683 and 691 are the two sizes i bought for my lapco fuse kit)

and (even though as a gen 2 marq it'll be compatible with both) i would like to see it ship with the POPPET engine

which engine would yall rather in a mech bob/F1 gun?
would you rather it have a higher base price and ship with the full kit?
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

I'm not sure if most players that would buy a top-of-the-line Mech are still in the market for a large barrel kit. I've got no interest in another one.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

that's how i feel, i like to keep things simple. 683 is a sight underbore or a slight overbore to the vast majority of paint i shoot, and 691 is for when its 1,000% humidity, or i am shooting trash paint that isn't round and would barrel break in the 83, this is the modern man's kit, unless its closed bolt lol

also, i realized i said all, but thats not true, dye doesn't have a new mech out yet
Old 06-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Also improved retention on the feedneck, more than friction fit only to the body. Those feednecks have cost me a tournament. I won't use them on anything bigger than 50 rd hoppers on an MVP.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Seeing as how this is like just the two of us lol, which engine? I say poppet all day, when playing semi, yoyr snaps have to be dead on, and i want every milisecond i can get, no sluggish bolts. That said, i do love my eNMEy. Its wooshy, and thats my only complaint tbh. Its been a great gun, but a hypothetical 1000$ gun, should do everything right imo
Old 06-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Tough choices. The slow bolt speed forward to cushion ball contact, I'm down with. But fast shut off, closing speed, can give super high rof and good efficiency in a spool. If they used the sprung insight/onslaught engine, it'd be light and super fast. I recall seeing numbers up to something like 31.25 bps on one of Bob's early release videos. Definitely not wooshy! Already got a pillow bolt too. No eye holes in the breech for grit. I used to get about 300 shots off a 17/3k. A revi plus a pod, so light. If you can release that with a sweet trigger (for around 799 would be my guess) you might have a new top dog over the CVO. If they can release of phase version around 499, I think they have a total winner. I am curious when a factory walkable double trigger mech might hit the market.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Didn't even think about making it blind! Nice, yea as yiy said don't drill the eye holes, one less place for grit/etc, love it
Old 06-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
NE Naughty Boys #72

I'd love to see this as well! I'm not sure if there is a way to get around not having adjustable dwell. Maybe possible with some of the newer pneumatic valves available today? There is a gentlemen building a mech SFT shocker on McB. It might be easier with a Insight or Onslaught due to them not using an LPR like a Vic/Vcom/Vis.
PE: Geo 3.5, Emek & 05 EGO
Bob Long: Insight & Ripper 2.5
My Collection
ChuckLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLove View Post
I'd love to see this as well! I'm not sure if there is a way to get around not having adjustable dwell. Maybe possible with some of the newer pneumatic valves available today? There is a gentlemen building a mech SFT shocker on McB. It might be easier with a Insight or Onslaught due to them not using an LPR like a Vic/Vcom/Vis.
I believe the poppet Victory engines would be hard to do, with valve timing (and subsequently velocity) being dwell dependent.

The Bob Long spool engines, on the other hand, I do believe would be very do-able in mech trim. The dump chamber is a bit different, not being a pure blowforward, but bolt movement/trigger function would be akin to that of an eNMEy/CVO (though using a switch more like a 'cocker's 4-way valve).

You could do the same thing with most any balanced or unbalanced spooly that shuts off input air when the bolt is forward.

For sale:
16" DW Fibur-X with AC and Ion backs
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

Face palm, yup totally didn't even think about that lol

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone